Notices

Suggestions for toolbox, hi-lift jack racks, etc

Old 05-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
Fire Force is on a distinguished road
Name: Ian
Fire Force's Tacoma Gallery
Suggestions for toolbox, hi-lift jack racks, etc

Hi all,

I've got a double cab short bed Tacoma and I'm wondering what the best toolbox is for this model. I don't want to totally kill off my bedspace but I'm tired of having to carry tools and supplies in the bed where I'm afraid it'll all get stolen.

I was leaning towards the OEM toolbox available, but knowing it comes from a dealership I have a feeling it'll be 2-3 times more expensive than it should be.

I also want to mount a hi-lift jack using 4XRAC or whatever it is. From what I can tell this doesn't allow you to get a regular toolbox but rather one that sits in the middle of the bed and does not sit on the bedrails or anything.

I'm pretty new to truck mods so any help would be great!
Old 05-15-2011, 01:21 PM   #2
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
[QUOTE=Fire Force;3177699]Hi all,

I've got a double cab short bed Tacoma and I'm wondering what the best toolbox is for this model. I don't want to totally kill off my bedspace but I'm tired of having to carry tools and supplies in the bed where I'm afraid it'll all get stolen.

I was leaning towards the OEM toolbox available, but knowing it comes from a dealership I have a feeling it'll be 2-3 times more expensive than it should be.

I also want to mount a hi-lift jack using 4XRAC or whatever it is. From what I can tell this doesn't allow you to get a regular toolbox but rather one that sits in the middle of the bed and does not sit on the bedrails or anything.

I'm pretty new to truck mods so any help would be great![/QUeOTE]
I was almost gonna buy one and decided for the soft tonneau. I like the one the dealership has. The basic good solid one. Everyone will take up space when you think about it. I also like black better then chrome
Im actually gonna build my own though at work this week and see how it turns out. I have rubber pieces for the bottom to keep it from moving around too
Old 05-15-2011, 05:16 PM   #3
How exactly does the Lowes toolbox mount to the truck? I don't want to be drilling holes if I don't have to!
Old 05-15-2011, 05:33 PM   #4
maxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxpower29 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jordan
maxpower29's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Force View Post
How exactly does the Lowes toolbox mount to the truck? I don't want to be drilling holes if I don't have to!
You could always use the center drain hole in the back to hold in down. Use a single bold up through it
Old 05-15-2011, 06:50 PM   #5
What Tacoma toolboxes are available that mount onto the bedrails?
Old 05-15-2011, 06:51 PM   #6
LilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to beholdLilRedYota is a splendid one to behold

Coast Guard: Father's USCG
Name: Candice
LilRedYota's Tacoma Gallery
UWS....nuff said
Old 05-15-2011, 07:45 PM   #7
Right now I am looking at a really nice UWS box for $335 from etrailer.com. Reputable dealer? Or should I be looking somewhere else? They seem to be the only people carrying UWS boxes.
Old 05-15-2011, 07:49 PM   #8
http://www.etrailer.com/Toolbox/Toyo...id=20101003381

^^ That one.