Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Quick switch question

Old 10-03-2008, 01:04 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Getting ready to install my switches, I pulled the blanks out, BUT the blank by the mirror controls has a blue plug in, in it. What is this for?
our trucks come prewired for most of the accessories. It could be for traction control or some other option.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:08 PM   #4
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
you said it was a quick question.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:12 PM   #5
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
our trucks come prewired for most of the accessories. It could be for traction control or some other option.
If it came pre wired i guess that knocks out a few steps if i wanted to put a rear locker in my TRD Sport?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:17 PM   #6
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
If it came pre wired i guess that knocks out a few steps if i wanted to put a rear locker in my TRD Sport?
it is prewired, not pre-mechanized. I don't know if that is the locker switch or not. I'm sure someone around here knows better than me.
Old 10-03-2008, 01:20 PM   #7
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsocoee View Post
it is prewired, not pre-mechanized. I don't know if that is the locker switch or not. I'm sure someone around here knows better than me.
Yea knew it wasnt pre-mechanized, wouldnt it be sweet if it was!!! anyhow the stock locker electrically engages Right? How hard or expensive would it be to get a stock locker?
Old 10-03-2008, 01:33 PM   #8
My hair is all natural

lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
your best bet it to get one out a totalled tacoma from a junk yard
Old 09-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #10
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
So does anyone now what that is pre wired for?
Old 09-16-2009, 09:32 AM   #11
Are these black helicopters for me?
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
Ive got 2 on my truck. one is for the fog lights, not sure what the other one is for. A picture of someones switches with all the factory bells and whistles would help!
Old 09-16-2009, 10:17 AM   #12
fishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud offishshooter has much to be proud of
fishshooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbow View Post
Getting ready to install my switches, I pulled the blanks out, BUT the blank by the mirror controls has a blue plug in, in it. What is this for?
On my 09 the switch by the mirror control is the VSC button.
Old 09-16-2009, 10:22 AM   #14
the town is back that way
GeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud ofGeoTaco has much to be proud of

Name: Freeda Feltcher
GeoTaco's Tacoma Gallery
here are the switches on my 09 DC TRD OR. on the bottom: one is for the traction control, one is for the downhill assist and the other turns off the side curtian airbags.....they go off if you are at a certain angle, so you can turn them "off" and then they will only deploy on impact

Edit: longbow...it looks like that is the traction control that has the blue plug in it.
Attached Thumbnails
Quick switch question-img_0104.jpg  
Old 09-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #16
Yotas For Life!
06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed06RedComa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
06RedComa's Tacoma Gallery
so even though i am wired for it, my truck still isnt able to use it?