Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I need some help

Old 05-16-2011, 11:29 AM   #1
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Taco Gunner's Tacoma Gallery
I need some help

Folks,

I am currently in Afghanistan and trying to explain to my wife where the OBD II port is on my 2006 Taco. I have a OBD transmitter (http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/) installed and I do not want it to drain the battery while it is sitting there parked while I am here.

Can someone send a photo of where the connector is located? I have done some searching with no luck. She is not mechanical so I figure a picture is worth a 1000 words!

Thanks!

T
Old 05-16-2011, 11:36 AM   #2
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
Folks,

I am currently in Afghanistan and trying to explain to my wife where the OBD II port is on my 2006 Taco. I have a OBD transmitter (http://www.devtoaster.com/products/rev/) installed and I do not want it to drain the battery while it is sitting there parked while I am here.

Can someone send a photo of where the connector is located? I have done some searching with no luck. She is not mechanical so I figure a picture is worth a 1000 words!

Thanks!

T
Your battery will be drained regardless since ECU is drawing power al l the time. You better of with disconnecting battery.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:57 AM   #3
Taco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco Gunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueT View Post
Your battery will be drained regardless since ECU is drawing power al l the time. You better of with disconnecting battery.
Can you imagine me trying to get her to do that?
Old 05-16-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Just have her start the truck and drive it once a week.
Old 05-16-2011, 12:02 PM   #5
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco Gunner View Post
Can you imagine me trying to get her to do that?
Unless you married Paris Hilton twin sister, I bet your wife can manage, just give her good info, she only has to manage to unbolt one bolt and slide negative cable out
To make sure negative does not come back tell her to put plastic sandwich bag over the connector.
Old 05-16-2011, 06:52 PM   #6
Air Force:
I appreciate it!!!