Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Front Bumper Cover Question

Old 05-16-2011, 02:15 PM   #1
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Active Duty
Name: Jeremie
jeremiekc's Tacoma Gallery
Front Bumper Cover Question

I have a 2007 Regular Cab that came stock with the plain black Front Bumper Cover. I am in the process of replacing all of the plain black plastic stuff with Color Matched Black Sand Pearl, I have already replaced the front grill with a BSP Grill that I had a Satoshi done on and I have replaced the door handle covers.

The question that I have is which one do I order, I realize that I will have to get it painted but when I go in to order it there is one with the SR5 option and one without. What I am wondering is which one comes painted with the color of the truck the SR5 or the non SR5? I think I know but I want to make sure so that I dont waste my money.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:21 PM   #2
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
the SR5 gets the colormatched front bumper and flares
Old 06-01-2011, 10:19 PM   #4
I got tiger blood.. WINNING
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
I am in the process of doing the same (color-matching) to my white reg cab. Where did you end up ordering your bumper and grill from? How much did it run you? Thanks
Old 06-01-2011, 10:25 PM   #5
beckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nice

beckleyota's Tacoma Gallery
all toyota bumpers and flares come black unpainted and are painted to match.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:19 PM   #6
LBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shedLBCdan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckleyota View Post
all toyota bumpers and flares come black unpainted and are painted to match.
I thought on the TRD packages and SR5 packages the front bumper cover is always color matched (from the factory).
Old 06-02-2011, 12:13 AM   #7
The Little Truck That Could
Yoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shedYoytoda is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Roland
Yoytoda's Tacoma Gallery
do they make 5 lug sr5 package???

the 6 lug bumper will be 99% identical but will have the holes for the fender flares.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:36 AM   #8

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
I am pretty sure they do. That is what the Sr5 package is for the 5-lugs. Chrome grill, rear bumper, and color matches front bumper.
Old 06-02-2011, 01:00 AM   #9
Madtown Taco has a spectacular aura aboutMadtown Taco has a spectacular aura aboutMadtown Taco has a spectacular aura about
Name: Mike
Madtown Taco's Tacoma Gallery
It's funny how everyone wants something different that what they have. I'm as guilty as anyone. Im just saying, I've seen silver tacomas and white tacomas with the black fenders from the factory. The owners put a small lift on, beefier tires, and black rims, and I think they look flippin' sweet like that.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:08 AM   #10
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Madtown Taco View Post
It's funny how everyone wants something different that what they have. I'm as guilty as anyone. Im just saying, I've seen silver tacomas and white tacomas with the black fenders from the factory. The owners put a small lift on, beefier tires, and black rims, and I think they look flippin' sweet like that.

Everyone wants theirs to be unique!!! Im guilty too.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:06 AM   #11

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TACOMA TRD View Post
Everyone wants theirs to be unique!!! Im guilty too.
If I never heard of this website, my truck would be sitting stock right now... but NOOOO.... I just so happened to stumble across it and my bank account still hates me for it.
Old 06-02-2011, 08:19 AM   #12
beckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nicebeckleyota is just really nice

I work at a bodyshop and every new toyota oem bumper comes black textures from 05 to 11 no matter if it goes on a Trd sport of a base model 4banger
Old 06-02-2011, 08:21 AM   #13

The only difference is weather it goes on a xrunner an if it has fenderflares or not
Old 06-02-2011, 08:29 AM   #14

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
From Toyotas Website:

"SR5 Extra Value Package: Power Outside Mirrors (Access Cab models only), Remote Keyless Entry System, Cruise Control, Variable-Speed Wipers, Chrome Grille Surround & Rear Bumper, Color-Keyed Front Bumper & Overfenders, Fog Lamps (V6 models only), Sliding Rear Window with Privacy Glass, Bucket Seats with Driver Lumbar Support, SR5 Fabric Trim, Metallic-Tone Instrument Panel Trim, Leather-Wrapped Steering Wheel with Audio Controls & Leather-Wrapped Shifter (A/T models only), Dual Sunvisors with Mirrors & Extenders, Tailgate-handle integrated backup camera [1] linked with an auto-dimming mirror with monitor [1], SR5 Badge"

I am aware that they do not offer the SR5 package for Reg cabs anymore. I am pretty sure I have seen a Reg cab SR5 on the freeway with chrome and color-matched bumpers).. but I digest. They do offer them for the 5-lug Access cab. And since everything for 5 lugs is pretty much interchangeable.. I figured you can order one (painted) and pop it on.
Old 06-02-2011, 03:20 PM   #15
jeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shedjeremiekc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

I found a replacement bumper at TRDparts4u that runs about $187.00 the problem that I am having now is that I live in Germany and they dont like to ship to an APO address. My intent is to color match the whole front of my truck to BSP, I already have a color matched grill that I had Satoshi'd along with the door handles. So I will get the new bumper cover and have it painted BSP. I found that an X-Runner rear bumper is color matched to so as soon as I get the front I will do the back.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #16

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Nice. I was just on that site. Was it $187 painted? I didn't see that. I am ordering one asap.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:39 PM   #17

I wish! I am not sure how they come, I am pretty sure that they are the black smooth plastic that you can have painted. I am sure that this is the case since when I have ordered other color matched stuff it always asks what color you want. With this item it doesnt do that. I have found a auto painter here in Germany that is going to paint it for me for 125 Euro which is a little less then $200. I figured it out that after shipping and everything it is going to run me less then $500 which is not that bad.
Old 06-04-2011, 12:41 PM   #18

You know that you can also install cruise control and interval wipers for around $225.00. It takes about 45 minutes to do both and it is really awesome to have. There is a sticky on how to do it in the "How to section". It is just about one of the best things that I have done to my truck.
Old 06-04-2011, 01:11 PM   #19

LBCdan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremiekc View Post
You know that you can also install cruise control and interval wipers for around $225.00. It takes about 45 minutes to do both and it is really awesome to have. There is a sticky on how to do it in the "How to section". It is just about one of the best things that I have done to my truck.
Yeah.. but you want to make sure that your truck is pre-wired for it. I found out that mine was not. I wasted all that time and money. I tried to wire it myself but I gave up and didnt want to f up my truck.