Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Holy crap!! Will this go back together???

Old 05-24-2011, 06:24 AM   #41
section8 is on a distinguished road

section8's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalton View Post
So I was in an accident about 2 weeks ago and here is what it looked like afterwards.

I stopped by the shop today to see how it was going and here is what I saw.

I just want my truck back
Whats the red on the front bumper?? I hope another vehicles paint....Everyone ok in this accident?

Looks like they made some great progress... Always looks bad before it gets better, if it comes apart it has to go back together eventually.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:41 PM   #42
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone was ok but the passenger in the other car went to the hospital complaining of whiplash. The red stuff is paint from the other car.

Should be done this Friday!! Fingers crossed.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #43
Shine bright like a hymen
DDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shedDDD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DDD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like they did not want to cut the UCA bolt. They just removed the body for clearance....
Old 05-28-2011, 06:58 AM   #44
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
If the frame was knocked out of alignment they probably had to put it on a frame machine that pulls it back into spec. The body usually has to come off to attach the frame to the alignment rack.
When my frame was bent, I was told by the general manager of the body shop (local Toyota/Lexus dealer) that they were not allowed by Toyota to straighten out the frame because they are "one piece hydroformed".

They were required to replace the frame, cut the damaged frame into pieces, and were not allowed to dispose of the damaged frame until the insurance company had confirmed the frame was properly destroyed.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:28 AM   #45
kwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shedkwalton is one of the sharper tools in the shed
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
So... I still do not have my truck back. Basically I think that my service writer does not know what the hell is going on with it. She tells me that they are waiting on a lower control arm that is backordered to come in so the alignment can be done. I drove past the car on Friday and the LCA is already on the truck. WTF??

On another note. They replace the one tire with a brand new one so now I need to buy 3 more so they all match. I was hoping to get through the rest of the year without having to do this but I guess that isn't going to happen.
Old 05-29-2011, 06:40 AM   #46
RAT Products
isu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shedisu2014 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
isu2014's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by joes06tacoma View Post
Surprised that they pulled the body off the frame. I wouldn't be worried, body shops have SKILZ! Some of the stuff I have seen come out of our local body shop have truely amazed me. I've seen vehicles that looked like raisins turn out completely straight like it never happened.
Skilz:http://www.skiltools.com/en/

Sure hope the body shop doesn't use skilz...
Old 05-29-2011, 07:16 AM   #47
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalton View Post
On another note. They replace the one tire with a brand new one so now I need to buy 3 more so they all match. I was hoping to get through the rest of the year without having to do this but I guess that isn't going to happen.
As a minimum, tires should be replaced in sets of 2. Make them replace the other front tire as well.
Old 06-04-2011, 10:39 AM   #48
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
Well I finally got the truck back last Wed right before I left to go on vacation. It is currently sitting in my driveway waiting for me to get back and go over it real good to make sure everything is as it should be. I did notice a little overspray on the pass door and they broke my lcd on my alarm remote which they will replace. Other than that everything looks good.

Old 06-04-2011, 10:47 AM   #49
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
all well that ends well- good for you brother..
Old 06-04-2011, 10:51 AM   #51
Banned
03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed03taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
03taco's Tacoma Gallery
awe bummer lol you got to redo your satoshi and you bhlm
atleast the truck is straight though
Old 06-04-2011, 11:19 AM   #52
kwalton's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i got a quick question too. are you fucking stupid?
WTF?
Old 06-04-2011, 04:28 PM   #53
braaap
steve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shedsteve o 77 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steven
steve o 77's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnw View Post
i got a quick question too. are you fucking stupid?
HAHAHA!