Eibachs set at 0...........

View Poll Results: Which lift based on info i provided
Toytec Ultimate Lift (3'') 2 5.71%
OME (3") 13 37.14%
Eibachs & 5100's set at 0 (NO REAR LIFT) rear TSB springs only 8 22.86%
Eibachs & 5100's set at .85 with TSB springs AND an AAL 12 34.29%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TOYOTA 09's Tacoma Gallery
Eibachs set at 0...........

First a little background:

Thanks to this website, I have been able to research info on tacomas before making a purchase (2009 4x4 AC SR5 MT), I have been able to research the info needed to diagnose and fix my rear springs (TSB), and finally research upgrading my stock steelies and Dunlop AT tires to American Racing AR-23 16x8 wheels wrapped in BFG A/T KO 265/75/16 tires. (Not to mention countless other mods: Satoshi, trimmed mud flaps, back up cam any time, etc etc...build thread to come)...

Anyway, now that i have the rear spring TSB and new wheels and tires, it's time for a lift. I have been debating between three lifts:

1.) Toytec Ultimate Lift
2.) OME Lift
3.) Eibachs with 5100's (set at 0)

Currently the center of my rear fenders sit at 27 inches while the center on my front fenders sit at 25.5 inches. That is a difference of 1.5 inches

I am leaning towards the Eibachs and 5100's set at 0 because from what I have searched, and read here on TW, setting the 5100's at 0 will give you a real smooth ride. I also just read a few threads about how some full 3 inch lifts can do damage to the tranny and Diffs / void warranties. Not sure if this is true or not.

So i'm leaning towards the Eibachs and 5100 because it would be a minor lift....acording to the Toytec site i would get around 1.6 inches of lift by using the Eibachs and setting the 5100's at 0. This would about level out my truck.

A few questions i hope someone could answer:

1.) will setting the 5100's at 0 with eibachs really give me 1.6 inches of lift?
2.) Does anyone have any pics of this set up while ONLY runing the TSB springs in the rear?

I'd like to get as close to a factory rake as possible, but i think by going with the above setup ill be level....

SHOULD I JUST GO WITH A FULL 3 inches lift? Maybe someone wants to sell me on this?

I could run the eibachs up front set at .85 and get the AAL that goes with the TSB springs...is anyone running this setup?

Any pics of eibach lifts anyone wants to post would be great!

Thanks again to eveyone who's respoded to my questions in the past....

PICS TO COME: as soon as this rain stops in the NEast.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I think if they are at 0 you get 0 inches of lift.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
I think if they are at 0 you get 0 inches of lift.
I do think they give some lift set a 0 because they give 2.5 at .85
Old 05-18-2011, 05:20 PM   #4
TOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTOYOTA 09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
its my understanding that the 5100's set at 0 WITH the Eibach coils give 1.6 inches of lift?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #5
I'm also leaning towards the eibach setup because i ONLY have 265 tires...not sure if a full 3 inch lift would look funny with 265's instead of 285's
Old 05-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOYOTA 09 View Post
its my understanding that the 5100's set at 0 WITH the Eibach coils give 1.6 inches of lift?
And I think your right.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #7
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm also leaning towards the eibach setup because i ONLY have 265 tires...not sure if a full 3 inch lift would look funny with 265's instead of 285's
I have 265's on a 3" lift and it dosnt look bad at all. I'm running 5100's and OME 885's. The ride is silky smooth.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #8
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I do think they give some lift set a 0 because they give 2.5 at .85
Oh. I thought there was no lift at 0.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #9
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerret
jerretxx's Tacoma Gallery
i have mine set at 1.75" with eibachs, diff drop, 2" rear AAL
Old 05-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #10
06TXED has a spectacular aura about06TXED has a spectacular aura about

Name: Tony
06TXED's Tacoma Gallery
good to know. I am thinking about the eibachs for my 5100 at the .85 setting or maybe at 0. I would also like to see some pics.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerretxx View Post
i have mine set at 1.75" with eibachs, diff drop, 2" rear AAL

I thought you could only go up to .85 with the 5100 when running eibachs with them?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:43 PM   #12
four forty four
oldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shedoldtacomaguy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
oldtacomaguy's Tacoma Gallery
Here is exactly what you are looking for. Eibach 1.6" coils, 5100's set at "0", and rear spring TSB. Rides great.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:45 PM   #13
Some do, others talk
jerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shedjerretxx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
I thought you could only go up to .85 with the 5100 when running eibachs with them?
yeah, thats what they say, and everyone says, but i turned them up to 1.75 on my 2nd gen, and my friend did the same on his 1st gen with OME 882. Both trucks are fine. I wouldn't go any higher than 1.75 personally.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtacomaguy View Post
Here is exactly what you are looking for. Eibach 1.6" coils, 5100's set at "0", and rear spring TSB. Rides great.

looks great! what size tire?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #15
wolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwolfdog2314 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
wolfdog2314's Tacoma Gallery
So your at 3.35 inches of lift up front?....
Old 05-18-2011, 05:49 PM   #16
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
First a little background:
I also just read a few threads about how some full 3 inch lifts can do damage to the tranny and Diffs / void warranties. Not sure if this is true or not.
Embellishing a little. If the lift is too severe in the front (over 3"), the front shaft CV boots can get damaged. The tranny and diffs aren't affected.

IMO a 1.6" lift is too little gain for the effort/expense required.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
I have 265's on a 3" lift and it dosnt look bad at all. I'm running 5100's and OME 885's. The ride is silky smooth.

wanna post some pics?
Old 05-18-2011, 05:50 PM   #18
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdog2314 View Post
So your at 3.35 inches of lift up front?....
yes, 1.6"+1.75" for everyone that didn't know where he got 3.35"
Old 05-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #19
Some do, others talk

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
Embellishing a little. If the lift is too severe in the front (over 3"), the front shaft CV boots can get damaged. The tranny and diffs aren't affected.

IMO a 1.6" lift is too little gain for the effort/expense required.
i agree completely with the too little gain. These coils aren't something you want take apart multiple times, trust me
Old 05-18-2011, 05:52 PM   #20
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TXED View Post
good to know. I am thinking about the eibachs for my 5100 at the .85 setting or maybe at 0. I would also like to see some pics.
here's my 5100/OME setup. The 5100's are set at .85. The rear is stock for now. Tires are 265/75/16
Attached Thumbnails
Eibachs set at 0...........-1103or_05_-2005_toyota_tacoma_prerunner-front_right_view.jpg   Eibachs set at 0...........-imag0148.jpg