Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

water spots on my black taco help!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 03:33 AM   #21
2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed2008taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: chris
2008taco's Tacoma Gallery
Most water spots are from hard water. A water softener will help significantly. A clay bar followed by a good wax/polish will help too. Don't skimp on these, go higher end like mothers or mequiers. These are leaps and bounds ahead of those spray on walk away waxes.
Once its clean there are a few steps you can take to keep it clean for more than an hour. Park in a garage, a portable garage, or put a cover on it while not in use. A bit more maintenance than most other vehicles, but thats the cost of black.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM   #22
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmdcfan View Post
The only time ive tried vineger was to get hard water spots off of glass.
Vinegar and water work just as well on paint

OP, give this a read.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...pots-hand.html
Old 05-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #24
jcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud ofjcayce has much to be proud of
jcayce's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post

OP, give this a read.
I second this. On Monday my truck got hosed by someone running their sprinkler on a day they weren't supposed to (we are in stage 1 restrictions) then baked in the Texas sun for several hours. I was pissed. Wax did nothing, cleaner wax made it look okay from a distance, vinegar completely removed any trace of the water spots. After using a vinegar soaked rag to lightly work the water spots I rinsed with filtered water. Later that night I took a clay bar to the truck and laid on a coat of wax.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:08 PM   #25
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
Put your truck in rice and it'll absorb.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:35 AM   #26
Black Sand Mirror
808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of808TRDTaco10 has much to be proud of

Name: Justin
808TRDTaco10's Tacoma Gallery
Where I live we have pretty bad acid rain from the volcano and when it rains nasty water spots are left...if you don't get to them quick enough they etch into the paint, but the only product I've had luck with removing the water spots is clay bar. But OP, I feel ya about the black paint...it really takes extra work/effort to keep it looking good compared to other colors.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:53 AM   #27
Senior Citizen
MT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant futureMT Madman has a brilliant future

Air Force: Telecomm Tech
MT Madman's Tacoma Gallery
I used to have a black '78 Trans Am and I washed it in my garage, used only soft water, and dried it with a chamois.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:24 PM   #28
Oceanrunner is on a distinguished road

Oceanrunner's Tacoma Gallery
X2 for clay bar
Old 05-22-2011, 03:31 PM   #29
epa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shedepa4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eduardo
epa4wd's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post

OP, give this a read.

X1000 this will remove the spots for sure. I used this method to remove some nasty calcium water spots from my father's car (about the size a dollar bill), worked like a charm.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:08 PM   #30
arktacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: sgt. infantry
arktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
well here is what i did last night i got out and washed it good and then dried with leaf blower then hit it up with terry towel and only had time to see if it would work on the hood and used meguirs cleaning polish compound wipe on , wipe off then almost all the spots were gone. Still a couple of stubborn spots but huge diff. The plan is to hit the whole thing up this weekend when i get more time. after going over with the cleaner polish should i go ahead and wax because thats what im thinking? Thanks for all the help guys .!!! BLACK TRUCK = HARD WORK