Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

water spots on my black taco help!!!

Old 05-19-2011, 06:28 PM   #1
arktacoma is on a distinguished road
Army: sgt. infantry
arktacoma's Tacoma Gallery
water spots on my black taco help!!!

hey guys i have some water spots on my black beauty which looks great til you get right up on it. So what do i do to get these off my truck please help? anything?
Old 05-19-2011, 06:34 PM   #2
mnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to beholdmnudo200827 is a splendid one to behold
Name: Michael
mnudo200827's Tacoma Gallery
i polished mine with a buffer and they came out. just make sure to keep wax on it and the water spots wont stick to the paint
Old 05-19-2011, 06:36 PM   #3
Make mine a Double!
skistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud ofskistoy has much to be proud of

Navy:
Name: Mike
skistoy's Tacoma Gallery
The curse of black trucks

looks great when nice and shinny!
Old 05-19-2011, 06:42 PM   #5
Canadian Bacon
spares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shedspares is one of the sharper tools in the shed

spares's Tacoma Gallery
wash when its not too sunny/hot out, and immediately dry with a rag... on hot days i used to pull my old car into the garage right after washing it, Also windex works nice to remove them
Old 05-19-2011, 06:46 PM   #6
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
option 1: wash it in the shade and run a clean towel (not shammy) over it when done

option 2: paint it silver or white
Old 05-19-2011, 06:50 PM   #8
i think i did make the mistake once or twice of it being to sunny out to wash just couldnt help it i love that truck and yes looks great when shiney huh.lol. i guess i will try a good wash and then a good wax . hope it works either way no one will know unless they are really really lookin up close and if they are that close i will say move back from the taco!!hahaha thanks guys...
Old 05-19-2011, 06:55 PM   #9
meeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shedmeeestirg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

meeestirg's Tacoma Gallery
mother's 3 stage wax.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:03 PM   #10
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
First try a 50:50 mix of vineger and water, that should remove most if not all waterspots. If that dosent work, consider polishing or a cleaner wax.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:16 PM   #11
so wax should do the trick?or..
Old 05-19-2011, 07:21 PM   #12
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by arktacoma View Post
so wax should do the trick?or..
Wax - No
Polish - Yes

Or you can try what I suggested in my post above.
Old 05-19-2011, 07:22 PM   #13
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeestirg View Post
mother's 3 stage wax.
x2
Old 05-19-2011, 07:34 PM   #14
Cheese Head.
TheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shedTheGrinch is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
TheGrinch's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TheGrinch
Vinger n water. Try a little spot i dare ya...
Old 05-19-2011, 08:47 PM   #15
lawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to alllawless is a name known to all

Name: Lawson
lawless's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Windex=bad idea
totally
Old 05-19-2011, 10:25 PM   #16
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Black vehicle=dirty vehicle. If you own one that you cannot afford to wash daily you just have to get used to it.

This isn't hate either I love the look of a clean black vehicle, they just don't stay that way
Old 05-19-2011, 10:38 PM   #17
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by LUSETACO View Post
Windex=bad idea
X2
Old 05-20-2011, 12:55 AM   #18
jdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedjdmdcfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jdmdcfan's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by spares View Post
wash when its not too sunny/hot out, and immediately dry with a rag... on hot days i used to pull my old car into the garage right after washing it, Also windex works nice to remove them
Most windex have ammonia. Not good for the clear coat. Also bad if your trying to clean windows that have tint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tacomanator View Post
First try a 50:50 mix of vineger and water, that should remove most if not all waterspots. If that dosent work, consider polishing or a cleaner wax.
The only time ive tried vineger was to get hard water spots off of glass. But before polishing he has to run a claybar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anethema View Post
Black vehicle=dirty vehicle. If you own one that you cannot afford to wash daily you just have to get used to it.

This isn't hate either I love the look of a clean black vehicle, they just don't stay that way
yup you'll learn the spots where dirt likes builds up when you own a black car.
Old 05-20-2011, 12:58 AM   #19
onesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shedonesixseven is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tyler
onesixseven's Tacoma Gallery
mothers color restoration polish. did mine today, never seen such a difference. thoroughly pleased
Old 05-20-2011, 01:44 AM   #20
Caduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shedCaduceus is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy: I be a doctor
Caduceus's Tacoma Gallery
Really?

Distilled water to rinse it off. Don't let the water "dry" on it - make sure you wipe the entire car while it's off.

Or, you know, just wipe the water spot off when it dries.