Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Question about bed bolts/d-ring install>

Old 05-19-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Moutard12 is on a distinguished road
Moutard12's Tacoma Gallery
Question about bed bolts/d-ring install>

I just installed 4 of of the metal D rings. Is it ok to remove the washers and just tighten the bolts down on top of the d-rings? They don't cover all of the hole that the bolts go into (obviously the old washers did). Is this ok? If water leaks through there, its not the end of the world right?

Maybe its a stupid question, but I'm paranoid. Picture of said problem below.

Old 05-19-2011, 09:23 PM   #2
t-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shedt-frax is one of the sharper tools in the shed

t-frax's Tacoma Gallery
i would say NO. just by your photo alone there is a clear gap to where i can see the hole in the bed. therefore since no washer is there to distribute the weight, there could be some trouble in the future. I recommend you put the washer back.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:57 PM   #3
Subd for later..
TacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoRun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luis
TacoRun's Tacoma Gallery
Put the washer back on. Your risking more than just a water leak.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:21 PM   #4
Gene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
As stated in the previous post, the washer will distribute the tension around the entire opening. On a composite bed, this might lead to cracking around the bolt. Just put the washer down under the D-Ring. That's what I did and it worked out fine.