1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interesting problem found - clutch pedal squeak

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RainDodger, May 20, 2011.

1. May 20, 2011 at 7:47 AM
    RainDodger

RainDodger [OP] YGWYPF

Member:
    Great Northwest
    Vehicle:
    '09 Black, TRD Sport
    None yet! It's new!
    I've been dealing with a clutch pedal squeak for the last year or so. (It is NOT a problem with the throw-out bearing or anything in the bell housing.) The problem has clearly been under the dash where the plastic "bumper" on the clutch slave cylinder shaft meets the clutch pedal linkage.

Up to now, I've squirted some grease in there and it goes away for 3 or 4 weeks, then comes back. It sounded about like fingernails on a chalk board. I'd finally had enough and took it to the dealer and demo'd it for them. They said, "Wow, that's noisy!".

They took it apart and found the clutch pedal pivot bushings were loose and cracked, and they found rust somewhere on the slave cylinder that wasn't supposed to be there. They said they could feel the "creak" in the slave cylinder when the pedal was pressed. Anyway, they replaced everything - pedal, bushings, slave cylinder and other assorted bits and pieces. Works great now and I didn't realize it could be so nice. All on warranty, free of charge.

So, if you've got a squeaky clutch pedal and it's clearly in the pedal mechanism, take it to the dlr and let them check it out. It could be the problem has grown on you and you haven't noticed what's been going on!

Products Discussed in

To Top