Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

New tunes??

Old 05-21-2011, 06:12 AM   #1
tacosrule is on a distinguished road
Army: Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center
tacosrule's Tacoma Gallery
New tunes??

I want to get a new sound system, but I'm concerned about the head unit, because of the stock size and shape I can't buy just any stereo. Any ideas? I kinda just wanna get the jbl stock one, but idk if u can just take the base off and replace it like that. Any got got some info for me???
Old 05-21-2011, 08:25 AM   #2
Cvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCvd2312 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Cory
Cvd2312's Tacoma Gallery
Go to crutchfield.com. Its the best place to buy audio equipment online, and there you can put in your vehicle and it will tell you what will fit in your stock stereo space, and send any adapters necessary to make it fit.

Same goes for speakers and anything else you want. They also sell custom subwoofer enclosures for specific vehicles.

Everything is also shipped for free. Its an awesome website.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
KodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedKodiakToyTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
KodiakToyTRD's Tacoma Gallery
+1 on Crutchfield! I got my adapter kit for my headunit there and it fits just fine! Customer service is second to none also.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:32 AM   #4
fishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedfishntaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
fishntaco's Tacoma Gallery
Also, check out your local audio shops and see what they have to offer. Often times they will give you a better deal than online.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:39 AM   #5
If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off
Rocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shedRocketball is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
Rocketball's Tacoma Gallery
There is not an after market head unit that is made that will "fit" the space that the stock unit fills, but 2 manufactures make trim kits that work great. Both fill the space nicely and allow most any aftermarket head unit to be installed. You got lots of choices. If you buy a new HU at Crutchfield they will include the trim kit.