1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

New tunes??

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by tacosrule, May 21, 2011.

1. May 21, 2011 at 6:12 AM
    tacosrule

tacosrule [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    Prerunner TRD Sport
    OEM Roof Rack, Aries Nerf Bars...... hopefully more to come!
    I want to get a new sound system, but I'm concerned about the head unit, because of the stock size and shape I can't buy just any stereo. Any ideas? I kinda just wanna get the jbl stock one, but idk if u can just take the base off and replace it like that. Any got got some info for me???

2. May 21, 2011 at 8:25 AM
    Cvd2312

Cvd2312 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Cory
    Oregon
    Vehicle:
    2013 DCSB TRD OR
    OME 885’s w/NitroCharger’s 3rd Gen Leaf Pack w/Icon Progressive AAL 265/70/17 Falken Wildpeak’s 17x9 Raceline Defender Wheels
    Go to crutchfield.com. Its the best place to buy audio equipment online, and there you can put in your vehicle and it will tell you what will fit in your stock stereo space, and send any adapters necessary to make it fit.

Same goes for speakers and anything else you want. They also sell custom subwoofer enclosures for specific vehicles.

Everything is also shipped for free. Its an awesome website.

3. May 21, 2011 at 8:27 AM
    KodiakToyTRD

KodiakToyTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    CO
    Vehicle:
    2013 Scion FR-S Whiteout
    +1 on Crutchfield! I got my adapter kit for my headunit there and it fits just fine! Customer service is second to none also.

4. May 21, 2011 at 8:32 AM
    fishntaco

fishntaco Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Josh
    Mobile Al
    Vehicle:
    08 Silver Streak DCLB Prerunner Sport
    Also, check out your local audio shops and see what they have to offer. Often times they will give you a better deal than online.

5. May 22, 2011 at 5:39 AM
    Rocketball

Rocketball If The World Didn't Suck, We'd All Fall Off

Member:
    First Name:
    Scott
    Westminster, MD
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue DC Sport 4x4
    Pioneer head unit, PAC steering wheel control modual, Hard wired Sirius radio, Hard wired radar detector, Hella Supertone horns, Blacked out badges, Smoked Tails, BHLM (color matched Speedway Blue), T-Rex Eyelids, Black Powder Coated Billet Grill, Color Matched Engine Cover, Lund in channel vent visors, FJ Cruiser wheels, Leer 100XQ shell, OEM bed mat, Piezo beeper for locking doors, Tinted front side windows, Black Westin bull bar, Aires tube steps, Mini Maglite Mod, D-Cell Maglite Mod, Weathertech Digifit Floor Mats
    There is not an after market head unit that is made that will "fit" the space that the stock unit fills, but 2 manufactures make trim kits that work great. Both fill the space nicely and allow most any aftermarket head unit to be installed. You got lots of choices. If you buy a new HU at Crutchfield they will include the trim kit.

Products Discussed in

To Top