Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Trailer wiring problem?

Old 05-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #1
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jim
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Trailer wiring problem?

Hi everyone, I have a 2011 taco and bought the 7-4 pin adapter plug from toyota. My old tow vehicle was a flat 4 pin plug and all lights and signals worked. When I plug in the 7-4 pin plug, I have only running lights but NO turn signals or break lights??? I took the adapter apart and it is pinned out right and nothing else changed so I'm lost right now. Seems simple being only 4 wires but what the heck? Any suggestions? Thanks
Old 05-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #2
maineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaineah is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Law Enforcement:
Name: Tim
maineah's Tacoma Gallery
I would think Toyota got it right my 2011 works fine mated to DOT wiring. Google DOT 7 pin pin outs. I don't know how well Toyota protected their trailer wiring but most of the light converters wired to a trailer ground have a life expediency of a nano second.
Old 05-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #3
toojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoojayz is one of the sharper tools in the shed
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Both stop light bulbs are blown out! You think I would have looked at that first. Oh well, off to the auto parts store!
Old 05-22-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
Your stop lights are LEDs. They should not burn out.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:37 PM   #5
toojayz's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDCPA View Post
Your stop lights are LEDs. They should not burn out.
Yes on the truck, mine were blown out on my trailer