Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Couple Issues with My New Truck

Old 05-21-2011, 06:40 PM   #1
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Couple Issues with My New Truck

I've got a brand new, three week old 2011 DC 4X4 Sport, and today I noticed something weird. As I was sitting in the driver's seat, I looked out over the hood and I noticed that on the back left and right hand corners of the hood scoop there seemed to be a slight crimp in the hood. Then, when I opened the hood, I noticed that the skin of the hood had come loose from the reinforcement cross-members beneath the hood in the exact same area where the crimps are. Has anyone else seen this? The only thing I've done is open and closed the hood a few times since I've owned the truck. What the heck gives?

Also, another issue I'm having is that sometimes when I start the truck up, it makes a grinding like sound whenever the AC compressor kicks in. It only does it once in a while, particularly like when the truck has been parked for a while (for 12 hours or so) and it only does it for a couple of seconds, then it stops. After it does it, I can switch the truck off and start it again and it will only repeat the noise once. After that, when I start it, it acts normal. Again, does anyone have any ideas what it going on here. Sure do hope I haven't bought a lemon.
Old 05-21-2011, 06:42 PM   #2
lwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to alllwszabo is a name known to all
lwszabo's Tacoma Gallery
Its under warranty....take it to the dealership worse they can say is no!
Old 05-21-2011, 06:49 PM   #3
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Take it in for the hood problem. The A/C noise is a common issue. Mine has done it since new but I never took it in. It isn't anything more than a noise. My Ranger made the same noise.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:12 PM   #4
The1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shedThe1youluv2hate is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peps
The1youluv2hate's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sure some one on here will swap u hoods
Old 05-22-2011, 12:50 PM   #5
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
The noise is the clutch to the compressor. As it wears a little it stops making noise.

The hood needs to be replaced. See your dealer.
Old 05-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #6
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
Can you post a pic of the hood issue? I have noticed on mine a crease on both sides of the scoop but thought it was/is just how the hood was made. Don't know if this is what you are referring to.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #7
leveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shedleveltwo is one of the sharper tools in the shed
leveltwo's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Can you post a pic of the hood issue? I have noticed on mine a crease on both sides of the scoop but thought it was/is just how the hood was made. Don't know if this is what you are referring to.
me too..
Old 05-22-2011, 04:36 PM   #8
opinions are like assholes; everyones got one.
TacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSport is one of the sharper tools in the shed
TacoSport's Tacoma Gallery
There is slight crease on the rear corners of the scoop, I don't think this is an issue.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:01 PM   #9
Bolt79 is on a distinguished road

Bolt79's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the info about the compressor--makes sense, I'll see if it stops.

As for the hood issue, I'm confused. I never noticed the creases until yesterday. I'm not sure if they were there all the time or not. I've got a friend who has an '08 Sport and they are not on his. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow to set up an appointment.
Old 05-22-2011, 06:04 PM   #10
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Pics of the hood?
Old 05-22-2011, 07:32 PM   #12
section8 is on a distinguished road

section8's Tacoma Gallery
I have the creases on an '11.... i think its common from the way the hood gets punched in the die or however they form it im sure.
Old 05-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
now I have to go outside in the rain and look at mine
Old 05-23-2011, 01:49 PM   #14
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Just took a pic of mine but cant get it to show in the pics. I did notice I can only see it from the interior. cant really see it from the outside. Did notice under the hood, what I thought were welds until I felt them and turned out to be some sort of padding in between the sheet metal and the frame work. But all looks to be in tact.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:49 PM   #16
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Looks fine to me as well..
Old 05-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #17

There is a very slight crease which is what I think the OP is referring to. Nothing to be worried about, on mine at least.
Old 05-23-2011, 05:02 PM   #18
Gregg is on a distinguished road

Name: Gregg
Gregg's Tacoma Gallery
I'm very surprised that no one has said "if you had a set of balls and bought the off road tacoma you wouldn't have this problem". Something is wrong, no sport bashing.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:20 PM   #19
olgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really nice
olgzr's Tacoma Gallery
I did not notice the creases on mine until I saw a previous post on the subject. I have not looked under the hood for the separation, but from what I've read, I think the crease is just a byproduct of the manufacturing process.