1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Help Please!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Trick, May 21, 2011.

1. May 21, 2011 at 7:39 PM
    Trick

Trick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    TX
    I have a 2011 Tacoma double Cab Sport. My wife took it out of town and she just called me saying that she can't it out of Park. She said she can move the shifter about a half inch and thats it. She said the ABS light is on and another one with a squigly<sp> line under it. Any ideas whats going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

2. May 21, 2011 at 7:43 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    does she have her foot on the break? have her turn the truck off and turn it back on with her foot on the break

3. May 21, 2011 at 7:44 PM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    She may just have the steering bound up when she parked. Tell her to work the steering wheel back and forth when trying to get it out of park.

4. May 21, 2011 at 7:45 PM
    2010Tacoma4x4

2010Tacoma4x4 "Man Ho"

Member:
    First Name:
    Dave
    Jacksonville, Fl
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 SR5
    Tinted windows, Bug deflector, Rain guards, Bed mat, Rear leaf TSB, Bilsteins front & rear (front set @ 1.75), 16x8 chrome Helo wheels, Toyo open country AT P265/75/R16 tires. CBI bolt on sliders. BSP color matched M1 Satoshi grill. BHLM. UWS low profile black powder coat crosover truckbox. Pioneer DVD/CD head unit - 4 channel amp - front mids & highs - 8" sub box.
    Yeah the foot on the brake is a must also :D

5. May 21, 2011 at 7:52 PM
    anonymous7

anonymous7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma
    TRD Sport 4x4, Satoshi grill mod, TRD Cold Air Intake,
    If she has to, have her open up the override button thing and hit it. It's the little half inch square thing by the shifter. [never done it but know its there, so i dont know exact details if its a switch or whatever]

but really, if it is a brake problem.... you might not want to be driving it... hope she makes it home okay.

6. May 21, 2011 at 8:03 PM
    Trick

Trick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    TX
    She was depressing the brake peddle. She just called back and said she read the manual and it said if you can't take it out of park, follow these steps... Something about opening a cover plate next to the shifter and pressing a reset button. At any rate, it worked. I suspect it's a bad switch on the brake peddle. We'll get it into the dealer Monday, assuming she makes it home, and I'll post up what the issue was. I could do without some of these safety features. Have to take my hats off to her for reading the manual though. :)

Thanks,
    Matt

7. May 21, 2011 at 8:26 PM
    Superx2

Superx2 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joey
    Iowa
    yep!

8. May 21, 2011 at 9:00 PM
    tarandus

tarandus Well-Known Member

Member:
    Montucky
    Vehicle:
    '17 TRD DCab OR Supah White
    ProComp/Headstrong leveling kit, AllPro rock sliders.
    I had that happen once right after I put the topper on. Somehow connecting the brake light on the topper blew a fuse and that kept the shifter from working....fixed the wires and fixed the problem.

9. May 21, 2011 at 9:06 PM
    joes06tacoma

joes06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Central Coast, CA
    Vehicle:
    06 4x4 Off Road Access Cab v6 6spd
    LEER Shell with dome lights operated with 3 way switches, aux backup lights with relay and 3 position switch, modified wiring to compass/temp display and clock to include switch that disables dimming function (poor man's DRL solution), Scan Gauge 2
    X2

That happened to one of our company Tacoma's. Poor wiring job on the camper shell.

Be aware that the brake lights are probably not working right now.

10. May 21, 2011 at 9:11 PM
    Trick

Trick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    TX
    Lovely. I just had a topper put on 2 weeks ago. I'll have her check the brake lights. Thanks for the heads up.

Matt

11. May 22, 2011 at 8:29 AM
    Trick

Trick [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    TX
    The brake light fuse was blown. I got her to removing the tail light and disconnecting the splices they made into it, then replaced the 10amp fuse and all is well again. She is not mechanically inclined so this was a challenge, but she did good. When she gets home I'll go thru the wiring. Thanks for the help guys.

Matt

Products Discussed in

To Top