Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Help Please!

Old 05-21-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Trick will become famous soon enough
Name: Matt
Trick's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Help Please!

I have a 2011 Tacoma double Cab Sport. My wife took it out of town and she just called me saying that she can't it out of Park. She said she can move the shifter about a half inch and thats it. She said the ABS light is on and another one with a squigly<sp> line under it. Any ideas whats going on? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #2
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
does she have her foot on the break? have her turn the truck off and turn it back on with her foot on the break
Old 05-21-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
"Man Ho"
2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed2010Tacoma4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dave
2010Tacoma4x4's Tacoma Gallery
She may just have the steering bound up when she parked. Tell her to work the steering wheel back and forth when trying to get it out of park.
Old 05-21-2011, 07:52 PM   #5
anonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shedanonymous7 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Engineer
anonymous7's Tacoma Gallery
If she has to, have her open up the override button thing and hit it. It's the little half inch square thing by the shifter. [never done it but know its there, so i dont know exact details if its a switch or whatever]

but really, if it is a brake problem.... you might not want to be driving it... hope she makes it home okay.
Old 05-21-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
Trick's Tacoma Gallery
She was depressing the brake peddle. She just called back and said she read the manual and it said if you can't take it out of park, follow these steps... Something about opening a cover plate next to the shifter and pressing a reset button. At any rate, it worked. I suspect it's a bad switch on the brake peddle. We'll get it into the dealer Monday, assuming she makes it home, and I'll post up what the issue was. I could do without some of these safety features. Have to take my hats off to her for reading the manual though.

Thanks,
Matt
Old 05-21-2011, 08:26 PM   #7
Superx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSuperx2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Joey
Superx2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trick View Post
She was depressing the brake peddle. She just called back and said she read the manual and it said if you can't take it out of park, follow these steps... Something about opening a cover plate next to the shifter and pressing a reset button. At any rate, it worked. I suspect it's a bad switch on the brake peddle. We'll get it into the dealer Monday, assuming she makes it home, and I'll post up what the issue was. I could do without some of these safety features. Have to take my hats off to her for reading the manual though.

Thanks,
Matt
yep!
Old 05-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #8
tarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the roughtarandus is a jewel in the rough

tarandus's Tacoma Gallery
I had that happen once right after I put the topper on. Somehow connecting the brake light on the topper blew a fuse and that kept the shifter from working....fixed the wires and fixed the problem.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:06 PM   #9
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarandus View Post
I had that happen once right after I put the topper on. Somehow connecting the brake light on the topper blew a fuse and that kept the shifter from working....fixed the wires and fixed the problem.
X2

That happened to one of our company Tacoma's. Poor wiring job on the camper shell.

Be aware that the brake lights are probably not working right now.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:11 PM   #10
Trick's Tacoma Gallery
Lovely. I just had a topper put on 2 weeks ago. I'll have her check the brake lights. Thanks for the heads up.

Matt
Old 05-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #11
Trick's Tacoma Gallery
The brake light fuse was blown. I got her to removing the tail light and disconnecting the splices they made into it, then replaced the 10amp fuse and all is well again. She is not mechanically inclined so this was a challenge, but she did good. When she gets home I'll go thru the wiring. Thanks for the help guys.

Matt