Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Squealing/chirping/whining only goes away when clutch is engaged

Old 05-21-2011, 10:12 PM   #1
ice.xiv is on a distinguished road
ice.xiv's Tacoma Gallery
Question Squealing/chirping/whining only goes away when clutch is engaged

I hate to start another thread about this, but I sifted thru as many of the other threads as I could and couldn't find anything definitive to my situation. My truck: 2006 Tacoma Access Cab 4x4 6spd Manual

The problem I'm having is that my truck squeals ALL the time unless I depress the clutch pedal. It seems like a lot of other drivers have the issue of the truck only squealing when the clutch is depressed, which would be the throw out bearing, but mine is the opposite. I believe it is also throw out bearing related, but I need a sanity check before I go throwing money at replacing something that may not actually be the problem.

I've been seeing the PDM solution come up quite a bit, yet no link to the actual website, so here it is for anyone who still can't find them (since it took me awhile to narrow down who PDM was) http://www.pdmtsk.com/home.html

For awhile I thought it was the belt or a pulley, but the belt has been replaced and I noticed that it is 100% clutch pedal related after some vigorous testing with my left foot.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #2
ice.xiv is on a distinguished road
ice.xiv's Tacoma Gallery
Found a thread on customtacos.com with videos that describes my problem EXACTLY. http://www.customtacos.com/forum/showthread.php?t=85045

Ordering the PDM kit and an Exedy clutch now.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:52 PM   #3
MarineTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal, KILO btry 3/12
MarineTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
So I have the exact same truck with the exact same problem. how did your fix work and should I do the same?
Old 12-29-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Rich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shedRich91710 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Rich91710's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineTaco06 View Post
So I have the exact same truck with the exact same problem. how did your fix work and should I do the same?
I don't think you're going to get an answer.
ice.xiv has not been on this forum in almost 3 years.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:15 AM   #5
MarineTaco06 is on a distinguished road
Marines: Corporal, KILO btry 3/12
MarineTaco06's Tacoma Gallery
Oh, well that explains the lack of response. Well thanks for telling me.
Old 01-02-2014, 08:20 AM   #6
michaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shedmichaelrussell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
michaelrussell's Tacoma Gallery
It's most likely your throw out bearing and if your going to replace that you should go ahead and drop a clutch in it since it's already going to be apart
Old 05-22-2014, 08:57 AM   #7
kryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shedkryten is one of the sharper tools in the shed

kryten's Tacoma Gallery
Have the exact same problem, squeaky noise I can hear when parked or at a stop light in neutral, goes away when clutch is pressed in.

Mine has been doing this for well over a year now or even longer. It is currently not a DD. Is this something I should be concerned about, or just keep driving? Truck has about 100k miles.

I will search TW for some more info in this. Thanks for any input.