Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

I can not take my wife to the dealership.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #21
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Wow, usually that would've been me.... Im kind of like my dad, my mother says that shes more afraid of my dad with a checkbook than with a gun....

Congrats on the new FJ looks awesome!
Old 05-22-2011, 09:19 AM   #22
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenTusk View Post
She's rarely in the vehicle, so pitching here and there instead of all the time is a pretty fair deal

She's lucky she can just walk a block to where she works
Wish I lived a block away from work....
Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 AM   #23
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
I'm 44km from work
Old 05-22-2011, 09:54 AM   #24
Trying to Spread Common Sense and Rational Thought
tx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shedtx_shooter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 1st Fast Co, Golf 2/4
Name: Zech (pronounced zak)
tx_shooter's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post

I'm really happy to not live a block from work. I do not want to think about the hours I would get strange calls about different equipment not working.

As for the OP - that same type of situation happened to a buddy of mine. He took his FJ in for an oil change and drove home with a new 4Runner. He said they gave him the same value for the FJ as when he bought it three years earlier and his payments were lower. Said it was a deal to good to pass up.
Old 05-22-2011, 10:13 AM   #25
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx_shooter View Post
I'm really happy to not live a block from work. I do not want to think about the hours I would get strange calls about different equipment not working.

As for the OP - that same type of situation happened to a buddy of mine. He took his FJ in for an oil change and drove home with a new 4Runner. He said they gave him the same value for the FJ as when he bought it three years earlier and his payments were lower. Said it was a deal to good to pass up.
Sometimes you can get pretty lucky that way
Old 05-22-2011, 11:04 AM   #27
10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ron
10851's Tacoma Gallery
Be happy that it was just an FJ.... My wife took her 1 year old Highlander (That was paid off) in to have the seatbelt checked. She called and asked me to meet her at the dealership to show me something that she just had to have..... I thought that it was something for her Highlander.... I thought... what the hell could she possibly get for the Highlander that it didn't already have? Well I killed my toy fund and she drove a new Sequoia Platinum home.... Every time I get into the safe and see the pink slip for that Sequoia… I think… this was my new boat….
Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10851 View Post
Be happy that it was just an FJ.... My wife took her 1 year old Highlander (That was paid off) in to have the seatbelt checked. She called and asked me to meet her at the dealership to show me something that she just had to have..... I thought that it was something for her Highlander.... I thought... what the hell could she possibly get for the Highlander that it didn't already have? Well I killed my toy fund and she drove a new Sequoia Platinum home.... Every time I get into the safe and see the pink slip for that Sequoia… I think… this was my new boat….
See, I would've said no, my money is my money, if she wants a sequoia tell her to use her own money
Old 05-22-2011, 11:20 AM   #29
Machine gun shits
paintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shedpaintdiddy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: shithead
paintdiddy's Tacoma Gallery
Your wife is awesome.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:26 AM   #30
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Your wife has a good taste in vehicles.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:30 AM   #31
Tillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shedTillers_Rule is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Former Seargent
Name: Jeff
Tillers_Rule's Tacoma Gallery
Why were you in her Jeep if you were running?

Anyway, Nice FJ, Congrats!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #32
HomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shedHomeGrown is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bill
HomeGrown's Tacoma Gallery
LOL, dealers probably sell more new vehicles that way.... people just stopping in for a nickel / dime part or something. Impressive looking driveway now!
Old 05-22-2011, 12:49 PM   #33
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Be thankful, at least you didnt walk out to find her talking with the salesmen about

Old 05-22-2011, 12:53 PM   #34
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great...thats a nice setup...my wife and I were looking at FJs but we really want 4 full doors cause we're gonna start a family soon...so we decided on a 4Runner
Old 05-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #35
11-98 MUD
norcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to beholdnorcal4banger is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jack
norcal4banger's Tacoma Gallery
You're is wife is a definite keeper! Green is my favorite FJ color by far. Idk if I'd get mad or stoked if this were me....I know I wouldn't care if it were HER FJ and not OUR FJ... As far the bank is concerned lol
Old 05-22-2011, 01:01 PM   #36
ColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedColtsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Scott
ColtsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
Be thankful, at least you didnt walk out to find her talking with the salesmen about

LMAO! My wife drives a Yaris right now...which is about identical to that Scion lol!!! But that little shit gets GREAT gas mileage...I honestly might just keep it for that...its only an 08 so....
Old 05-22-2011, 01:08 PM   #37
booboy is on a distinguished road

booboy's Tacoma Gallery
The next time your wife takes her rig in to get serviced go with her and start talking to the guy behind the parts department and who knows... maybe you'll walk away with a S/C. Oh yea!
Old 05-22-2011, 05:20 PM   #38
10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed10851 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ron
10851's Tacoma Gallery
Broken Tusk.... My wife has put up with me buying new trucks...cars... boats...guns... motorcycles and whatever I desired for a longer period of time than you have been alive.... She has been there for me whenever I needed anything....She deserves anything she wants.... I will still get my new boat.... I'll just have to wait until I get the toy fund built back up because we will not make payments on cars or toys..
Old 05-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10851 View Post
Broken Tusk.... My wife has put up with me buying new trucks...cars... boats...guns... motorcycles and whatever I desired for a longer period of time than you have been alive.... She has been there for me whenever I needed anything....She deserves anything she wants.... I will still get my new boat.... I'll just have to wait until I get the toy fund built back up because we will not make payments on cars or toys..
Well, thats different then, I musta read it wrong but that made it sounds like you were getting hosed. If she actually does diserve it then I'm very happy you found a girl worthwhile
Old 05-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #40
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Awww that's a cool story!!

That's sort of how I ended up with mine. We went Toyota just to see what it has to offer compared to the Chevy Colorado. We never made it to the Chevy dealership.

I didn't even think we were going to get a truck that day. But I was told that if I like it, then this would be my Mother's Day gift.