Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Another window visor question

Referenced Products Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-22-2011, 10:27 AM   #1
kwelhand is on a distinguished road

kwelhand's Tacoma Gallery
Another window visor question

I searched the thread and got some good information between EGR and Weather tech window visors for my new 2011 access cab.

I'm still debating and need your opinions to make a final choice...
I had weatherteach on my previous car but had problem w/ window having difficulty closing up (visor is too tight and rubs against window and visor itself).

It seems like EGR is cheaper but never had this brand before and wondering about its quality as well.
What's difference between slim line & regular visor?

Finally, if you guys know any place w/ lowest price on EGR or Wethertech, then I would really appreciate it.

I think window visor is a must item for taco owners.
thanks in advance!
Old 05-22-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Hunker Down You Hairy Dawg!
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
TacoDawgfan's Tacoma Gallery
I bought my EGR's from Amazon for $46 for my DC. They show for like an 05-06 only but still fit up to current model as nothing has changed. The ones I have are in channel and slim line. That is why I went with them, they are very slim. As far as the channel, I added tape to mine for the fronts and the window still rolls up just fine. It is a little tight but not too bad. BTW, mine shipped from Atlanta and had them in 2 days with the free shipping. Here is a thread about the EGR's that made me go with them. http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/pro...s-channel.html

Here's mine.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:34 AM   #4

Thank you guys, it looks like EGR is the way to go.

Really love that silver truck w/ EGR! wish my bumpers are painted. LOL
Old 05-22-2011, 11:59 AM   #5

BTW, I tried to order here but it said w/ access cab it come w/ 4pcs.
I only need 2 pcs on front window.
Should I select regular cab? same window size on regular & access front window size?
thanks

http://www.autoanything.com/deflecto...0A3315745.aspx
Old 05-22-2011, 01:25 PM   #7
Gone But Not Forgotten
ImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shedImpulseRed008 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force:
Name: Susan
ImpulseRed008's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelhand View Post
BTW, I tried to order here but it said w/ access cab it come w/ 4pcs.
I only need 2 pcs on front window.
Should I select regular cab? same window size on regular & access front window size?
thanks

Those are the stick on kind... maybe that's why the 4 pc's

Old 05-22-2011, 02:19 PM   #8
TacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoDawgfan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpulseRed008 View Post
Those are the stick on kind... maybe that's why the 4 pc's

Yep, stick ons. You want the in channel's right?

Here. http://www.amazon.com/EGR-564981-Ic2-Toyotaota-Tacoma-05/dp/B000NPMMQ2/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Tacoma|1037&n=156841 81&s=automotive&Make=Toyota|76&Year=2011|2011&newC ar=1&carId=001

says it doesn't fit the 2011 but mine said the same thing so I checked with EGR and got the part number, here http://store.egrusa.com/products/318802/Xtra_Cab
Old 05-22-2011, 02:30 PM   #9

Thanks Taco Dawg.
Yeah, I need channel one not that sticky one. Damn good price, too!

So, even though it says it doesn't fit w/ 2011 but it will still work, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
Yep, stick ons. You want the in channel's right?

Here. http://www.amazon.com/EGR-564981-Ic2-Toyotaota-Tacoma-05/dp/B000NPMMQ2/ref=au_pf_pfg_s?ie=UTF8&Model=Tacoma|1037&n=156841 81&s=automotive&Make=Toyota|76&Year=2011|2011&newC ar=1&carId=001

says it doesn't fit the 2011 but mine said the same thing so I checked with EGR and got the part number, here http://store.egrusa.com/products/318802/Xtra_Cab
Old 05-22-2011, 02:38 PM   #10

No problem, just note that the EGR site only listed up to 2010 model for yours. It did the same on mine If I remember correctly but these trucks have not changed and they should be the same for the 2011. Maybe call them to make sure? I just think it's the web sites not being up to date on the year models. I felt confident on mine and they fit perfectly. But of course mine was a different part # for the double cab.
Old 05-22-2011, 02:49 PM   #11

Thanks again, just ordered one! will post pix when I get it.
Love this forum and awesome members.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoDawgfan View Post
No problem, just note that the EGR site only listed up to 2010 model for yours. It did the same on mine If I remember correctly but these trucks have not changed and they should be the same for the 2011. Maybe call them to make sure? I just think it's the web sites not being up to date on the year models. I felt confident on mine and they fit perfectly. But of course mine was a different part # for the double cab.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:04 PM   #12
rbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant futurerbeezy has a brilliant future

Name: Ron
rbeezy's Tacoma Gallery
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...eflectors.html

i got the EGR's only cuz they were cheaper, and looked the same as Weathertech's. cant speak on the quality of the WT's, but i got the EGR's and love em

Products Discussed in this Thread