Notices

Two Mod Questions

Old 05-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #1
USMCBEANZ is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt. 0311, 78th Company, 2nd Battalion, 6th Marines
Name: Chris
USMCBEANZ's Tacoma Gallery
Two Mod Questions

Hey everybody, just joined the site as I just bought a 2011 Quad Cab TRD Off-Road Edition Tacoma and I love it. I'm ready to start modding it and have two questions.
1) I'm looking at upgrading to 18x9 rims and some nice all-terrains. This is a daily driver. I want a lift kit. What would you recommend be the minimum lift to clear these tires and rims without rubbing during bumbs? Would a 3-4" work or should I step it up to a 6" lift?
2) Does anyone know of a company that makes smoked LED tail lights and smoked projector headlights for the newer model Tacoma?
Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #2
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBEANZ View Post
Hey everybody, just joined the site as I just bought a 2011 Quad Cab TRD Off-Road Edition Tacoma and I love it. I'm ready to start modding it and have two questions.
1) I'm looking at upgrading to 18x9 rims and some nice all-terrains. This is a daily driver. I want a lift kit. What would you recommend be the minimum lift to clear these tires and rims without rubbing during bumbs? Would a 3-4" work or should I step it up to a 6" lift?
2) Does anyone know of a company that makes smoked LED tail lights and smoked projector headlights for the newer model Tacoma?
for your #2 request, lots of places online but I've found a neat little site called www.carid.com that has some pretty cool stuff if your looking for accessories
Old 05-22-2011, 03:47 PM   #3
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
btw, Welcome to TW!
Old 05-22-2011, 03:59 PM   #4
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Thank you for your service.
Welcome to TW.
Old 05-22-2011, 04:03 PM   #5
Im kinda a big deal
JHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of lightJHAirForce05 is a glorious beacon of light

Air Force: 2T251*Air Transportation*437th APS
Name: Justin
JHAirForce05's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. Not to sure about the lift. Im goin with a 3" and 285/70/17 and will prob have to do a lil trimming
Old 05-22-2011, 04:05 PM   #6
Artificial Intelligence beats natural stupidity
easyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shedeasyeatlanta is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
easyeatlanta's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by USMCBEANZ View Post
You asking what the minimal lift is to clear a tire that you haven't said the dimensions of so do you have any dimensions so someone can give you an answer I have 18x9 xd hoss with 265/65/18 on stock lift in the back and 1.75 lift in the front with no rubbing so unless you know the size of the tire you want then I really can't help you
Old 05-22-2011, 04:07 PM   #7
150,000 miles and counting
mcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud ofmcleod90 has much to be proud of

Name: sean
mcleod90's Tacoma Gallery
I'll take those tail lights off you if you are trying to sell them
Old 05-22-2011, 04:15 PM   #8
04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed04LTtacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Zach
04LTtacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Welcome to TW. I don't think you will have any rubbing problems if you ran a 285/75/16's tire with a 3" lift.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
kahanabob has a spectacular aura aboutkahanabob has a spectacular aura about
kahanabob's Tacoma Gallery
i would check what effect your mod plans will have on the warranty of a new 2011!!!
Old 05-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by kahanabob View Post
i would check what effect your mod plans will have on the warranty of a new 2011!!!
Mods don't have an effect on warranty unless the mod causes an OEM part to fail.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:02 PM   #11
USMCBEANZ is on a distinguished road
Marines: Sgt. 0311, 78th Company, 2nd Battalion, 6th Marines
Name: Chris
USMCBEANZ's Tacoma Gallery
Well, I'm wanting to put on some 18x9 XD addict rims. Tire rack suggests a 255/60R18 tire. I dont know how big of tire that is, but i want tires with some meat on the bones. So I dunno if I should go bigger than that. From the sounds of it I may need the 6 inch lift if I want to avoid trimming with bigger tires. I have found a 4 inch lift as well. thanks for all the suggestions by the way.

To McLeod90: if I find some nice LED tail lights I will happily sell you my stock ones.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:37 PM   #12
stmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shedstmpjmpr is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jimmy
stmpjmpr's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
Thank you for your service.
Welcome to TW.
X2 and welcome