Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Dash and Center Paint Mod

Old 05-22-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
Dash and Center Paint Mod

I see it all over but have used the search engine to it's max and can not find anything (I know I've seen something on ti before). I just want to paint my center dash piece (with the CD player, volume, and AC knobs) black as well as the center shifter surround...

The reason I'm not springing into action to do it alone without a thread to guide me is because I saw this done by an inexperienced person and it looked like shit...Can anyone provide any help on this matter?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:34 PM   #2
Jones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shedJones is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Jones's Tacoma Gallery
I don't remember seeing a specific write up on it.

Here is a thread that has a couple of pictures of it done.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...r-console.html

Look at sockmonkey build thread, he painted his center dash black.

I used the Dupli-color vinyl and fabric paint on the AC dial face plate and the vent bezel around the radio, it matches pretty well with the black factory radio. Lightly sanding and cleaning it very well to prep the surface. It needs to be completely clean and free of anything that would mess the paint up.

The silver hazard button is going to be a problem to change to black unless you tape off the triangles and get it perfect or find a black one from a base model.
Old 05-23-2011, 04:56 AM   #3
sockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedsockmonkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Greg
sockmonkey's Tacoma Gallery
remove, clean , paint, and reinstall

i used the same paint as Jones

should be more pics in my build thread
Old 05-23-2011, 05:07 AM   #4
10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light10.21 is a glorious beacon of light
Marines:
Name: Dillon
10.21's Tacoma Gallery
Sweet, thanks guys. As for the buttons and knobs, guess I'll just have to memorize what each of them do and confuse anyone who drives my truck in the future.

How do I remove everything?