Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

indoor/outdoor carpet in bed

Old 05-22-2011, 05:31 PM   #1
rancher 420 is on a distinguished road
Name: Adam
rancher 420's Tacoma Gallery
Question indoor/outdoor carpet in bed

i plan on installing some indoor/outdoor carpet in the back of my truck when i get my cap installed. (i am too cheap to buy a bed rug)

i bought a piece that is 6x8 so i will be doing some trimming

does anyone have any nifty idea, or a heads up on what to be careful of while i do this?
Old 05-22-2011, 05:44 PM   #2
SR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSR54x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Mark
SR54x4's Tacoma Gallery
might slide around a lot on top of the plastic bed, i would look into adding that rubber mesh stuff between the bed and carpet. (the stuff you put under a throw rug or area rug when its going on top of hard wood floors to keep it from sliding around)
Old 05-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #3
Now my Taco is bloody Red, ewww
"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed"OldManTan" is one of the sharper tools in the shed

"OldManTan"'s Tacoma Gallery
I have low pile commercial grade in my bed. As long as you cut around the wheel wells, it should stay in place alright. ^above suggestion is a good one if you have any issues, just keep an eye out for mold forming under the carpet
Old 05-22-2011, 05:55 PM   #4
olgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really niceolgzr is just really nice
olgzr's Tacoma Gallery
I did this years ago on a previous truck. I took a sheet of plywood and cut it to fit around the wheelwells. I then mounted the carpet to the plywood. That way I had a flat floor and I could easily pick up the wood and carpet when I wanted to haul something dirty.