Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Does your inner front fender look like this?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:00 PM   #1
chatapuggy1 is on a distinguished road
chatapuggy1's Tacoma Gallery
Does your inner front fender look like this?

Washing my car today, I notice that the front fenders underneath the hood look like crap. Do any of yours look like this, wrinkled and the paint quality looks dull as well in spots. Truck was bought new so it came like this from the factory. Should I be concerned?

Old 05-22-2011, 11:03 PM   #4
sambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to beholdsambojee is a splendid one to behold

Name: Sam
sambojee's Tacoma Gallery
why would u be concerned? no one can see it when u drive down the road and its not like ur engine is something u wanna show everyone so no need to lift up the hood. kinda sucks but not that big of a deal.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:05 PM   #5
Superior Member
707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed707tothe907 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jake
707tothe907's Tacoma Gallery
If you bought it new then that isn't acceptable.
Old 05-22-2011, 11:10 PM   #6
I was just shocked at the quality of it when I noticed it. Alot of stuff (fenders, bumpers) feel really cheap and tinny. I own a 99' too so I was just surprised at the fit and finish versus the older stuff. It looks fine on the outside, just looks like they bent it up and maybe it didn't fit right so they forced it on.
Old 05-23-2011, 02:12 AM   #7
BUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBUZZCUT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Air Force: KC-135A/R Crew Chief NKAWTG
BUZZCUT's Tacoma Gallery
Part of the stamping process. Need to set it on fire and say it was
Stolen. Shame on Toyota for this.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
Special Edition Member
Gincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedGincoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Gincoma's Tacoma Gallery
I guess ppl bitch about anything these days, not trying to be mean but that is no big deal, the panel gaps on toyotas is alot tighter then domestic models
Old 05-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #9
ppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shedppham444 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Phuong
ppham444's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah, I had a 96 and could tell right away when I bought my 2010 that the sheet metal is thinner and more flimsy. The effect of cost reduction.
Old 05-23-2011, 10:35 PM   #10
rcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrcfreak201 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rcfreak201's Tacoma Gallery
yup my 06 looks like that haha
Old 05-25-2011, 06:24 PM   #11
Its all good, I wasn't bitching, just wondering if I was the only one and if it was something I should be worried about. Sounds like its the norm. I will say however, that quality does suck compared to the older stuff and they charge way more for it too. 25-30K is alot of money to me at least for a bottom end pickup, and the 16K I paid back in 99, it still felt cheap with little offered, but I never found and still haven't found any thing I would complain about quality wise. Well maybe the cheap ass seats. Maybe more of us should bitch about stuff, then the masses wouldn't expect us to accept this type of stuff from the factory.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #12
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Its your truck that you paid your money for you have every right to bitch. Some people just have no pride and will accept crap, you don't have to.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 PM   #13
joes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedjoes06tacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Joe
joes06tacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Looks about right to me. Not on par with the earlier toyotas, but pretty normal for most newer trucks
Old 05-25-2011, 07:48 PM   #14
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Your Taco is 400 lb lighter than a Frontier Crew Cab Pro4X. That weight saving has to come from somewhere...
Old 05-25-2011, 07:51 PM   #15
Hunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shedHunter500ky is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Firefighter: Probie
Hunter500ky's Tacoma Gallery
I love it how people say stop bitching and junk how much did he pay for the truck? I would be concerned, maybe it was a defect and his truck got messed up so he asks and people respond with blah blah people bitch about anything.

OP just wanted to know if it was normal,

Its normal OP dont worry. I at first I thought my truck had been in a wreck (bought used) then found out its just how it looks lol
Old 05-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #16
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppham444 View Post
Yeah, I had a 96 and could tell right away when I bought my 2010 that the sheet metal is thinner and more flimsy. The effect of cost reduction.
OP -The paint finish on most vehicle's engine compartments are not a sealed and glossy finish like the exterior, but more of a covered and almost a stain finish or a slightly covered glossy finish on the inside areas. Simply stated, it appears to be normal. Bent and/or fresh painted metal is not, but wrinkled or creased and formed parts will seen on the inside.

Toyotas have always been thin metal, and our current truck's sheet metal seems to be thinner then ever, I agree. But that means better MPG, and if you get banged up, the thin metal will be useless and you will always get new parts on a re build. No Bondo... Thats the good news...
Old 05-25-2011, 09:38 PM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Tacomas went for a shit as soon as they started building them in the USA