Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

drip moldings

Old 05-23-2011, 05:59 PM   #1
2011crewman is on a distinguished road
2011crewman's Tacoma Gallery
drip moldings

Hi,
My first thread so I'm a noob at this. I bought a 2011 Tacoma Double Cab, Prerunner Off Road Package about two months ago. It's MGM(as everyone describes it). No real problems with it and I agree there is things Toyota could have done better. Gauges, nav, leather interior option, rear disc brakes would have been nice and less attention to cupholders. Great stickies on the arm rest change (fabric? who thought of doing that) on the doors. I'm going to do that change. I have a dog (australian shepherd) who stands on the fabric to keep his head outside (lot of wear and tear on that). The whole CD area is pretty plain, so I like the stuff on what people are doing with navs, or double dins,etc. Since Toy doesn't offer nav in the Tacoma's. I think the first thing I want to do is add additional gauges, oil pressure, water temp, voltage, just the normal stuff to keep an eye on.
Here's my prob and I couldn't find anyone else to mention this. Has anyone ever seen the drip moldings missing (the seam on the cab that is welded together and covered with the rubber strip? I ran a search and didn't see this topic so bear with me. I'm missing one and I guess I missed it when I looked it over at the dealer. I can't imagine this thing just flying off so I guess it could have been "stolen". Does anyone know how much is reasonable to replace it? Or do you think it might have been "stolen". It doesn't look like an easy part to pry off without marking up the top. No scratches or anything on my top. I'm going back to the dealer and ask them to replace it. I know, fat chance they will.
Thanks guys, I'll be looking for solutions.

2011crewman
Old 05-23-2011, 06:49 PM   #2
ouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shedouyin2000 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Royal Canadian Air Force: Mobile Support Equipment Operator
Name: Ryan
ouyin2000's Tacoma Gallery
Actually, it is kind of common to have them fall off. People have reported losing them to the drive through car washes, even just the wind on the highway.
Old 05-23-2011, 06:51 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Mine has flown off. Twice. I'm going to buy the OEM roof racks, so that I don't have this problem a third time.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...g-missing.html
Old 05-23-2011, 06:52 PM   #4
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
oh and welcome to TW