Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Just want to know if I got a good deal or screwed on financing w/ new 2011 Taco?

Old 05-24-2011, 09:11 AM   #1
kwelhand is on a distinguished road

kwelhand's Tacoma Gallery
Just want to know if I got a good deal or screwed on financing w/ new 2011 Taco?

Brought my new 2011 Access cab a few weeks ago and wondering if I got a good deal or hosed on financing.

So I always wanted Taco and shopped around for a few weeks.
I found my new 2011 Access cab 2.7L 5-speed w/ convenience package for $17,910 or $19,700 out the door.
Interest rate was 5.5% APR w/ zero down for 75mts w/ no prepayment penalty.
The monthly payment is around $310.
I'm planning to payoff as soon as I've some money.

I've excellent credit score (over 750) and expected to get 1.9% financing for 60mts.
However, the dealership initially offered 6% then I got a letter from the Toyota financing that there was a error on my paperwork and they lower my APR to 5.5%... what's up with this??
Did I get screwed on financing... I thought I could do better than 5.5%.
Just wanted to know if I got a good deal overall...
Old 05-24-2011, 09:13 AM   #2
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJester243 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
Jester243's Tacoma Gallery
Kinda late now, just enjoy it.

hold on, did you drive away with the truck before financing was complete?
Old 05-24-2011, 09:14 AM   #3
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Does seem high for a 750. My used is 4.9 and my credit score is classified as excellent.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:15 AM   #4
rmWise1 is on a distinguished road

Name: Roy
rmWise1's Tacoma Gallery
I have great credit (over 750 also) and I got 5.0% on my 2010 in September of '09. I wouldn't sweat it... as long as you're in a tacoma you're not getting screwed.. you'll have it paid off before you have any mechanical problems, and that doesn't happen with pretty much any other car/truck on the road. Congrats!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:16 AM   #5
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
i just financed at 3.9%
Old 05-24-2011, 09:17 AM   #6
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
normally, you'd be better off going with a local credit union vs. toyota financial. I'd check a local place and see what rates they could offer. Usually in the first 30 days, you can change the financing w/o having to actually refinance the vehicle.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:22 AM   #7
Rompin Around
lembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shedlembowski is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matthew
lembowski's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 740 when I financed with Toyota and got a 5.5%. After 6 months a local credit union was running a promotion and since my score went up to 765 during that time I qualified to refinace at 3.2% APR so I went with them. Saved me 4 full monthly payments over the course of the loan.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:25 AM   #8
Stuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of lightStuardoslls is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Stuart
Stuardoslls's Tacoma Gallery
You got a good deal... You got a real good rate for 75 months!
Old 05-24-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
Ive got tiger blood
0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold0BlackTaco6 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Steve
0BlackTaco6's Tacoma Gallery
yea i could be wrong but if i remember right when i bought my truck the longer the term the higher the interest rate was adjusted. so for 75months thats pretty darn good especially through toyota financial and not an outside credit union.
Old 05-24-2011, 09:47 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
For 0 down and 75 months that's not bad, but in my opinion those aren't great terms to buy a vehicle... The reason your interest rate is high is because you weren't able to give them any down payment and, as mentioned above, the longer the term, the higher the interest rate will be. At this point, it's a done deal so enjoy and congrats on the new truck!
Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM   #11
Shifting Member
TeXian will become famous soon enough

Name: Christian
TeXian's Tacoma Gallery
It's the 75 months that will bite you in the end. Make sure to make extra payments as early as possible and your overall interest paid over the life of the loan won't be so bad. If you don't pay any extra towards the principle(the earlier the better), then you will end up paying much more because of the extra 2+ years.

The best part is you own a Toyota which will hold its value much better than most other makes, and you've got the 4 cyl, which will save you a ton in fuel costs over the life of ownership.
Old 05-24-2011, 10:43 AM   #12
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
Picked mine up used during their last promotion - 2.9% with a 675 score. I've got perfect credit, I just don't have a lot of it. Was never on anyones books til about 2 1/2 years ago.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:07 PM   #13
stabngrab is on a distinguished road
stabngrab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhodge83 View Post
normally, you'd be better off going with a local credit union vs. toyota financial. I'd check a local place and see what rates they could offer. Usually in the first 30 days, you can change the financing w/o having to actually refinance the vehicle.

I did exactly this, refinanced with my local credit union last month and got my APR down to 4.3%.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:11 PM   #14
WoodsCustom is on a distinguished road

Army: Chief Instructor, US Army
WoodsCustom's Tacoma Gallery
I ordered mine. Got 1.9% for 6 years and a FREE LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY.

WC
Old 05-24-2011, 12:21 PM   #15
JDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDCPA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jim
JDCPA's Tacoma Gallery
I got 0% on my '09 Access Cab for 36 months but the dealer wouldn't give me anything off invoice. The 5 lugs aren't nearly as prevalent as the 6 lugs (at least around here) they don't last long on the lot. When it all shakes out we are getting essentially the same net deal in the end, I got it through the interest rate and you got price.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:24 PM   #16
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Its not the best its not the worst. I have excellent credit and got 4.49 for 72 months. Payment is 285.00 month. Bout the same deal as you got.

Like others said....enjoy the truck!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 12:32 PM   #17
TMASS has a spectacular aura aboutTMASS has a spectacular aura about

Navy: Prior 2nd Class Petty Office(EO2) with the Navy Seabee's
Name: T-MASS
TMASS's Tacoma Gallery
The rule of thumb in buying a new vehicle is to get Pre Quallified through a Credit Union or even another bank BEFORE you step foot into a stealership. This is where they make their money on selling new vehicles. That, and all the stupid little add on's that people fall for.

That 750 credit score should have put you around 2 to 3 points less. May not sound like a lot, but, it could mean several hundred dollars over a 5 year loan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwelhand View Post
Brought my new 2011 Access cab a few weeks ago and wondering if I got a good deal or hosed on financing.

So I always wanted Taco and shopped around for a few weeks.
I found my new 2011 Access cab 2.7L 5-speed w/ convenience package for $17,910 or $19,700 out the door.
Interest rate was 5.5% APR w/ zero down for 75mts w/ no prepayment penalty.
The monthly payment is around $310.
I'm planning to payoff as soon as I've some money.

I've excellent credit score (over 750) and expected to get 1.9% financing for 60mts.
However, the dealership initially offered 6% then I got a letter from the Toyota financing that there was a error on my paperwork and they lower my APR to 5.5%... what's up with this??
Did I get screwed on financing... I thought I could do better than 5.5%.
Just wanted to know if I got a good deal overall...
Old 05-24-2011, 12:39 PM   #18
Earthlings are fun to watch!
Goober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shedGoober is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Goober's Tacoma Gallery
Just refinanced my loan with CU. Saving $6600 over the life of the loan.
Old 05-24-2011, 12:41 PM   #19
wmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shedwmdpowell is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bill
wmdpowell's Tacoma Gallery
I think you did OK. 0% down and 75 months get higher than the best advertised rates (upto 4 yrs and 10-15% down gets the best rate.

Some people have lease payments higher than that and have nothing to show for it at the end.
Old 05-24-2011, 02:01 PM   #20
penguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shedpenguins_cc is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
penguins_cc's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to penguins_cc
Seems like you did OK. I had my pops get the loan (820+ credit score). $0 down, 48 months, and we got 3.9%. The salemen hadn't even seen a higher credit score before on an application so I think we did as well as we could. Mind you this was in August 2010, and I got the first 2011 the dealership received, so there were no 1.9% deals to be had.