Instrument Cluster

Old 10-06-2008, 08:54 AM   #1
Cleared for Takeoff!!
1BADTACOMA is on a distinguished road

1BADTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1BADTACOMA
Instrument Cluster

Hey guys and gals,
What is the best method of cleaning your instrument panel cluster? I have heard that it scratches really easy. Any ideas that work?

I heard even a microfiber cloth will scratch the plastic, Does compressed air work better?

Thanks in advance for your replys
Old 10-06-2008, 10:05 AM   #2
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BADTACOMA View Post
Hey guys and gals,
What is the best method of cleaning your instrument panel cluster? I have heard that it scratches really easy. Any ideas that work?

I heard even a microfiber cloth will scratch the plastic, Does compressed air work better?

Thanks in advance for your replys
I went to Target and got me one of those "static cling" dusters. It's like a swifter but with softer ends, think small mop head with short strands. I use one on my dash all the time to get the dust off. As for other gunk, use a chamoise (shammy sp?) to get it clean. Just remember to not have anything on your cloth while wiping stuff down. Compressed air will only move the dust to other parts of your truck. Hope that helps.

Rob
Old 10-06-2008, 10:40 AM   #4
romeo oscar bravo
zero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nicezero niner is just really nice

Name: Rob
zero niner's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I use a micro fiber rag and a light touch.
YES! Very light touch, to remove dust and particles, you want to lift it off the cluster not rub it on the cluster...

Rob
Old 10-06-2008, 12:41 PM   #5
Cleared for Takeoff!!
1BADTACOMA is on a distinguished road

1BADTACOMA's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 1BADTACOMA
Thanks for the ideas. Much appreciated!!
Old 10-06-2008, 01:12 PM   #6
RedTaco2134 will become famous soon enoughRedTaco2134 will become famous soon enough

Army: E-1
Name: Scott
RedTaco2134's Tacoma Gallery
Didn't your Mother's teach you anything? Just use a Dryer Sheet, yes, the kind you put in the Dryer for your clothes. They have softeners in them, and dust, shit, etc.. clings to them just like lint. FYI best for cleaning TV screens, LCD, Computer monitor's, as well....Then finish it off with some Arm & Hammer Protectant wipes. Shiny, good as new. I'll take pics next time I clean my truck.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:15 AM   #7
Nobody's Hero
Shark is on a distinguished road

Shark's Tacoma Gallery
Compressed air works great. I use the ones for computer keyboards and have had great results. The less direct contact with your instrument panel cluster, the better.
Old 10-07-2008, 05:23 AM   #8
Power Top
MonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shedMonkeyProof is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: K9 Handler
MonkeyProof's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to MonkeyProof Send a message via Skype™ to MonkeyProof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shark View Post
Compressed air works great. I use the ones for computer keyboards and have had great results. The less direct contact with your instrument panel cluster, the better.
X2,...

I'll give a shot of compressed air first to help remove the bigger dust particles, then i will use a little micro-fiber wand with a tiny shot of Pledge Furniture Polish to do the final cleaning.