Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Switched power

Old 05-24-2011, 11:06 AM   #1
Rellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant futureRellik01 has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Police Officer (retired NYPD)
Name: Craig
Rellik01's Tacoma Gallery
Switched power

I would like to tap into a switched power source either under center console(first choice), the drivers side carpet or under the driver door threshold. Any suggestions? I guess as a last resort I can go to the fuse box.Thanks
Craig
Old 05-24-2011, 12:05 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
What are you going to power?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:01 PM   #4
vierzwanzig is on a distinguished road
vierzwanzig's Tacoma Gallery
I actually went to the source and cut a very small portion insulation off of the power wire for the interior fuse block. I then just soldered a fuse holder to the exposed copper and sealed her up with some silicone and electrical tape.

call it ghetto, but it works and works well.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:21 PM   #5
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
Run a 20amp lead from the main lug on the fuse box. Use a relay to control it. Use any switched power for the coil on the relay.
Tapping into a switched circuit for power is an invite to blown fuses. Relays draw very little juice.