Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

2011 black same as base model black??

Old 05-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #1
octacorunner is on a distinguished road
Name: G
octacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
2011 black same as base model black??

I have a 2011 black (not bsp) Tacoma and want a black rear bumper...I found a member with a 2010 base model black bumper for sale. Are the two colors the same? Or are they a different shade of black. Help please as I don't want to buy a black bumper that won't match
Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #2
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
Completely different, although it will still look pretty good. The base is flat paint, yours is gloss.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 PM   #3
Nothin' Special
especk is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shedespeck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Erik
especk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by octacorunner View Post
I have a 2011 black (not bsp) Tacoma and want a black rear bumper...I found a member with a 2010 base model black bumper for sale. Are the two colors the same? Or are they a different shade of black. Help please as I don't want to buy a black bumper that won't match
the black base bumper is FLAT black. Its not glossy like a truck's exterior paint
Old 05-24-2011, 08:38 PM   #4
toyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedtoyotatacomaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rob
toyotatacomaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
^^ What he said. I am actually looking locally for the base flat black bumper to replace my chrome. However, it is on Silver, Black may look a little odd, but I am thinking it will still be better than chrome.
Old 05-24-2011, 08:48 PM   #6
octacorunner is on a distinguished road
Name: G
octacorunner's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the responses guys! Anyone know roughly how much it would cost to powder coat my chrome rear bumper?
Old 05-24-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
drewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the sheddrewskie is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Drew
drewskie's Tacoma Gallery
I paid 180 to have mine painted,(base black) not sure about powder coating, or how well it will stick to the chrome.