LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

To roof rack or not to roof rack... you decide...with pics!

Old 05-25-2011, 01:28 AM   #1
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
Name: Adamo
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
To roof rack or not to roof rack... you decide...with pics!

Okay, had the rack system on my 09 Infiniti FX35, traded UP to the Tacoma and tried (not very hard, still liked the rack) selling the rack system, but failed, lol... thinking of putting it on the tacoma, for looks, and to add HP and MPGs, mainly for looks though... and of course USING it! anyway, how much more gas do you think it'll suck up? pros, cons, pointless arguments? lol... thanks fellas!

below is a pic of the rack on my infiniti, and then my truck, without the rack, as she sits now!

also, if you think i should NOT install the rack, and instead sell it to you, let me know too, haha... as that IS a good argument, also, i still have those asanti wheels, for sale, sorta, (not actively selling, because i paid almost $6k for them, and I really like them... used for maybe 6 months if that...sitting in storage now...)

Happy opinioning!

Adamo
Attached Thumbnails
To roof rack or not to roof rack... you decide...with pics!-img_0682.jpg   To roof rack or not to roof rack... you decide...with pics!-img_1384.jpg  
Old 05-25-2011, 01:33 AM   #2
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
i like racks...on trucks.
Old 05-25-2011, 01:43 AM   #3
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
I think it'll look great on the Tacoma.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
RacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shedRacerAV is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpazzyB View Post
i like racks...on trucks.
RIGHT after i read that, the glasses went side to side, and i cracked up, lol... thanks.. now its bed time...

Adamo
Old 05-25-2011, 02:19 AM   #5
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
and i think i have 58" bars now, would they stick out past the sides of the taco? not sure... havent measured and damn lazy... haha
Old 05-25-2011, 02:20 AM   #6
dep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the sheddep3091 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
dep3091's Tacoma Gallery
I want to know how in the hell it's going to add HP to your Tacoma? Maybe you were high when you were typing LOL. My rack certainly doesn't add anything but weight.
Old 05-25-2011, 02:25 AM   #7
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dep3091 View Post
I want to know how in the hell it's going to add HP to your Tacoma? Maybe you were high when you were typing LOL. My rack certainly doesn't add anything but weight.
are you trying to out joke my joke sir? in my own thread? rude, haha

nah i know it only adds weight and wind resistance... both are not conducive to MPGs or HP... but eh, wtf ever... haha... somedays you just need to throw some shit in a roof basket, you know?

Adamo
Old 05-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #8
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
oh, and not high... just a glass of ice, expensive whiskey, and water, thoroughly mixed... and enjoyed... sleepy time tea... haha, which is about to work wonders... g'night!
Adamo
Old 05-25-2011, 06:54 AM   #10
They are more like guide lines.
sloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nicesloppyjoe is just really nice

sloppyjoe's Tacoma Gallery
I say rock it out! I want a rack for my truck and will get one soon, well as soon as my two kids will allow..... I will have one someday though, I need to haul my canoe and it sticking 9 feet out of the bed is not too cool, that makes the over length of my truck way too long. I say go for it!
Old 05-25-2011, 11:29 AM   #11
Army:
RacerAV's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmm I have been wanting to take my canoe out lately. Haven't taken it anywhere si ce I sold my WRX wagon. Like 7 cars ago. :0(
Old 05-25-2011, 11:59 AM   #12
DGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shedDGXR is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Friend
DGXR's Tacoma Gallery
If you're going to use the rack more than a couple times a year I say mount that bitch. Otherwise there's gotta be better options for such infrequent cargo needs -- the extra mass mounted up high and the extra aero drag are not worth it IMO.

But don't ask me about looks because as long as it's reasonably clean and not beat to shit, I am an absolute minimalist regarding my vehicle's appearance. I just want an efficient and reliable vehicle that is willing to do some occasional light hauling and my 4cyl Taco fills the bill perfectly, so far.
Old 05-25-2011, 12:26 PM   #13
aficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shedaficianado is one of the sharper tools in the shed
aficianado's Tacoma Gallery
it will look great.

i have a rack on my shell. but a rack on top of a truck, with my bad shoulder. bad combination.

my buddy has the rack with a torpedo luggage thing. his bikes go on a hitch rack. very cool truck, fully loaded.
Old 05-25-2011, 06:00 PM   #14
anethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shedanethema is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J
anethema's Tacoma Gallery
Roof racks not only look good, they are very functional!

Here is my rack on my access cab.

The tent is looking a little shabby after a night of getting poured on. Not a drop inside though!

Different view of the rack.

None of it in use yet though!
Old 05-25-2011, 06:01 PM   #15
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Flip a coin.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:11 PM   #16
Pratt5086 is on a distinguished road
Pratt5086's Tacoma Gallery
anethema what roof-rack do you have? please i must know, I'm envious. I have been looking for a low profile rack like that forever and cannot find one. the only one i can find is the one for the double cab that's to long for the access cab, I've contemplated chopping it to fit my access cab.
Old 08-26-2011, 05:13 PM   #17
mechanically retarded
TeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shedTeamSarcasm is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TeamSarcasm's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Skype™ to TeamSarcasm
try private messaging him, should be a faster response
Old 08-26-2011, 05:18 PM   #18
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
Flip a coin.
lol you love saying that don't you

If you actually have a need for a rack, put it on. If you can do without, leave it off. I personally don't like the look of them.
Old 08-26-2011, 10:17 PM   #19
snorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shedsnorola is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Brett
snorola's Tacoma Gallery

racks
Old 08-26-2011, 11:10 PM   #20
Bosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of lightBosmob is a glorious beacon of light

Name: Kevin
Bosmob's Tacoma Gallery
I like Baja style roof racks.

Regular roof racks are meehhh....