Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

N-Fab/Smittybilt VS. Go Rhino Dominator II

Old 05-25-2011, 12:33 PM   #1
Dianna is on a distinguished road
Name: Dianna
Dianna's Tacoma Gallery
N-Fab/Smittybilt VS. Go Rhino Dominator II

I can't decide which ones I like better by looking at the pics on TacomaWorld. Has anyone seen both in person and can post the differences between the two? From pictures it appears as though the Go Rhino's hug closer to the body. Also, N-Fabs are 2" and Go Rhino's are 3", correct?
Old 05-25-2011, 12:39 PM   #2
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I never seen the Rhinos, but from what I've heard N-Fab and Smittys are the same. N-Fabs are available in 2' or 3". I have 3" N-Fabs. IMO, they look much better than the 2" and tuck in better.

*edit* pic added
Old 05-25-2011, 02:22 PM   #3
Central Scrutinizer
LUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shedLUSETACO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dennis
LUSETACO's Tacoma Gallery
I'm not sure there is much of a difference between them. I've got the dominator steps and I'm happy with them. They come in a 2.5 inch tube and I think they are a little cheaper?? I got mine off of craigs list for $250 brand new in the box.
Old 05-25-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
Woodstocktaco is on a distinguished road
Woodstocktaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Dominators and really like the minimalist design and function (as a step). For a bolt-in they are fairly sturdy, but I did manage to put a dent in the driver side step going over a boulder pre-lift. I know sliders would likely have deflected the blow probably without harming the bar, but the rock hit right on the leading edge of the step itself - otherwise I think it would've been unscathed too. At any rate, having something there protected the rocker panel from serious damage. I'm seriously thinking of a set of sliders, but would really like to find someone getting rid of just the driver side of a set of Dominators.
Old 05-25-2011, 08:38 PM   #5
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery

I've got the Go Rhino's and I like them.They do tuck up pretty close to the body.The Smittybuilt's were cheaper but when I was ready to buy last fall they were on indefinite back order so I went with these.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
Dianna's Tacoma Gallery
Lex, do you happen to have the part number for the 3" bars? I looked on autoanything.com and they have the 2". Where did you purchase yours? Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEX View Post
I never seen the Rhinos, but from what I've heard N-Fab and Smittys are the same. N-Fabs are available in 2' or 3". I have 3" N-Fabs. IMO, they look much better than the 2" and tuck in better.

*edit* pic added
Old 05-26-2011, 07:23 AM   #7
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianna View Post
Lex, do you happen to have the part number for the 3" bars? I looked on autoanything.com and they have the 2". Where did you purchase yours? Thanks!

Mine is part # T0589CC

This is a 3" wheel to wheel for a double cab long bed that is powder coated black. I got mine from 4 Wheel Parts.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:44 PM   #8
Dianna's Tacoma Gallery
Now I'm even more confused. Has anyone else purchased Smittybilt's for an extended cab and received 3"?
Old 05-26-2011, 02:45 PM   #9
--- --- --- - ----

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Go to N-Fabs website and find their catalog. It's a PDF file. They're listed under makes and models. There, you'll find a description of each part number. I'd help you, but I'm on my phone and can't pull PDF files.
Old 05-31-2011, 08:39 AM   #10
Dianna's Tacoma Gallery
I decided on purchasing the Smittybilt steps from AutoAnything.com. They were $279.99 with 15% discount... perfect... added them to my cart Saturday and went to buy them today and they disappeared from the cart. I called to find out what was going on and the rep tells me they don't carry them for an extended cab, WTF?
Old 06-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #11
jaymac10 is just really nicejaymac10 is just really nicejaymac10 is just really nicejaymac10 is just really nice

jaymac10's Tacoma Gallery
I'm having this exact same debate myself...

However, I've also thrown in the Avids to the mix...

Go with Rhino/n-fab in black powdercoat, stainless steel, or the Avids and paint black?

Avids are stronger, but will require ongoing mantinance. SS has lifetime warranty and no mantinance....

Also, what's the difference between the Dominator II and the Dominator 4's??

Help a brotha out!!!!

Cheers,

Jay