1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Auto-Door Lock? One-Click Window Up?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cruzitaco, May 25, 2011.

1. May 25, 2011 at 2:57 PM
    cruzitaco

cruzitaco [OP] Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner DCLB TRD in PM
    New owner of 2011 PreRunner TRD DCLB, absolutely LOVE the truck! Just curious a few features I'm surprised are not present (not big deals by any stretch of the imagination, just a curiosity).

(a) Is there any way to program the doors to automatically lock once you start driving? My previous vehicles have all done this and I've gotten used to it, so I keep forgetting in my Taco. Just surprised they don't do this, as safety-conscious as Toyota is.

(b) The driver's window can be lowered with one click, but can it be programmed to also raise in one click?

With my Honda's there were ways to change certain settings that were not documented in the manual, but on a Honda forum there were instructions on how to change things by a certain sequence of key ignition, etc. Just curious if any Taco owners have discovered any hidden gems?

2. May 25, 2011 at 6:17 PM
    H0LLYW00D

H0LLYW00D Well-Known Member

Member:
    The window mod I have done to my truck using an aftermaket alarm and window control module, I can have my drivers and passenger window roll up or down with a touch and if I wanted to could have had it wired to the other controls as well and the back windows with another module.

3. May 25, 2011 at 6:27 PM
    cruzitaco

cruzitaco [OP] Member

Member:
    SF Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    '11 PreRunner DCLB TRD in PM
    OK thanks for the tips. These aren't big enough issues to invest any time or $$ in, I was just hoping that there was an unpublished procedure to enable these features.

Products Discussed in

To Top