Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Auto-Door Lock? One-Click Window Up?

Old 05-25-2011, 03:57 PM   #1
cruzitaco is on a distinguished road
cruzitaco's Tacoma Gallery
Auto-Door Lock? One-Click Window Up?

New owner of 2011 PreRunner TRD DCLB, absolutely LOVE the truck! Just curious a few features I'm surprised are not present (not big deals by any stretch of the imagination, just a curiosity).

(a) Is there any way to program the doors to automatically lock once you start driving? My previous vehicles have all done this and I've gotten used to it, so I keep forgetting in my Taco. Just surprised they don't do this, as safety-conscious as Toyota is.

(b) The driver's window can be lowered with one click, but can it be programmed to also raise in one click?

With my Honda's there were ways to change certain settings that were not documented in the manual, but on a Honda forum there were instructions on how to change things by a certain sequence of key ignition, etc. Just curious if any Taco owners have discovered any hidden gems?
Old 05-25-2011, 03:58 PM   #2
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
A. Aftermarket alarm will do it.
B. Nope.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:17 PM   #3
H0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant futureH0LLYW00D has a brilliant future
Law Enforcement: Communications / Dispatch
H0LLYW00D's Tacoma Gallery
The window mod I have done to my truck using an aftermaket alarm and window control module, I can have my drivers and passenger window roll up or down with a touch and if I wanted to could have had it wired to the other controls as well and the back windows with another module.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:27 PM   #4
cruzitaco is on a distinguished road
cruzitaco's Tacoma Gallery
OK thanks for the tips. These aren't big enough issues to invest any time or $$ in, I was just hoping that there was an unpublished procedure to enable these features.
Old 05-25-2011, 07:30 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Well the auto window up would involve working with the switches. The auto lock should be part of the keyless entry since other Toyota's do it but IDK why Toyota didn't include it.