Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

NEW OWNER-MODS ADVICE/OPINIONS

Old 05-25-2011, 10:39 PM   #1
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Joe
JoeRags27's Tacoma Gallery
NEW OWNER-MODS ADVICE/OPINIONS

New 2.7L 2008 Reg Cab 5-spd owner got such a sick deal 15K miles for $14,500 out the door!!! Carfax is clean, 1 owner and flawless... looking for some advice on any projects for my new toy. Already threw some wheels and tires on her and tinted the back and side windows. Looking at bull bars/nerf bars/bed rails/engine performance advice basically anything you guys want to throw my way new owner here so any information will be awesome I have to learn this truck all over again from my previous car. Thanks guys hit me up
Attached Thumbnails
NEW OWNER-MODS ADVICE/OPINIONS-2011-05-25_06-18-23_574.jpg   NEW OWNER-MODS ADVICE/OPINIONS-2011-05-23_20-13-37_88.jpg  
Old 05-26-2011, 01:52 AM   #2
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you got a great deal. Congrats!
Here is a great start http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...mods-more.html
Old 05-26-2011, 01:06 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM.

My opinion? Keep it clean - Skip the bullbars and nerfs.

Tonneau covers on a regular cab looks clean.

If you really want to go off the deep end, save up your sheckles and get that new URD supercharger that's coming out for the four-banger. Then you can smoke your new meats at will.
Old 07-12-2011, 08:39 AM   #4
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
aFe pro dry drop in air filter with the secondary air filter delete. it doesn't do alot but it makes it alil easier for the truck to breath. I have a K&N drop in and its messy cleaning and re-oiling. the avid offroad light bar would look good. My personal fvorite is getting some thump in there. people do not expect subs in the regular cabs. haha
Old 07-12-2011, 10:20 AM   #8
YotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaMan2007 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: FMC 25th BSB
Name: Brian
YotaMan2007's Tacoma Gallery
BHLM with retrofits?
Old 07-12-2011, 10:33 AM   #9
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
what do you plan on doing with it?

mainly street? off-roading?

skip the bull bars and nerf bars..

avid light bar and step rails, unless you plan on wheeling then maybe look into some sliders...if you don't plan on wheeling and won't be lifting it, then skip the nerf bars/steps/sliders all together

HID fog lights
BHLM with retros

look into your exhaust...headers/y-pipe/cat-back upgrades?

diff breather mod
Old 07-12-2011, 02:08 PM   #10
Because I can
JoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to beholdJoeRags27 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by YotaMan2007 View Post
aFe pro dry drop in air filter with the secondary air filter delete. it doesn't do alot but it makes it alil easier for the truck to breath. I have a K&N drop in and its messy cleaning and re-oiling. the avid offroad light bar would look good. My personal fvorite is getting some thump in there. people do not expect subs in the regular cabs. haha
Got the AFE brother love that thing! I know i was looking at slim subs and trying to design a thin box that fits on the back wall of the cab but that project is far off I want my lift first im selfish haha
Old 07-12-2011, 02:10 PM   #11
Because I can

Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
skip on the bhlm imho and do a retrofit trs can hook you up with the parts the minis are pretty easy to retro the right way and you have tw for any and all questions
already done man but I am looking to retro fit projectors next and blacking out the bezel bowl too so my HL's will be like the darknight up in this bitch haha
Old 07-12-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Because I can

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCO View Post
what do you plan on doing with it?

mainly street? off-roading?

skip the bull bars and nerf bars..

avid light bar and step rails, unless you plan on wheeling then maybe look into some sliders...if you don't plan on wheeling and won't be lifting it, then skip the nerf bars/steps/sliders all together

HID fog lights
BHLM with retros

look into your exhaust...headers/y-pipe/cat-back upgrades?

diff breather mod
posted that when i first joined TW i have learned a bunch so far lol fuck a bull bar!!its my DD and my light trail truck nothing crazy but i took her out down here in SC a lil while ago and with the aftermarket Grabber AT2's she did awesome....im actually getting the FATBOBs lift on next month, avid offroad bumper with 31's after that and will be looking at putting a complete exhaust system on in the fall...sooner if I fall into some extra cash
Old 07-12-2011, 02:27 PM   #13
‹^› ‹(ಠ_ಠ)› ‹^›
NYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shedNYCO is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: bOb
NYCO's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeRags27 View Post
posted that when i first joined TW i have learned a bunch so far lol fuck a bull bar!!its my DD and my light trail truck nothing crazy but i took her out down here in SC a lil while ago and with the aftermarket Grabber AT2's she did awesome....im actually getting the FATBOBs lift on next month, avid offroad bumper with 31's after that and will be looking at putting a complete exhaust system on in the fall...sooner if I fall into some extra cash
sounds like a nice path you have laid out for your truck

post up some pics showing some progess...i love how these regular cabs look with some work done on them
Old 07-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #14
Because I can

Thanks man I appreciate it! I def will post the pics of what I have done so far/what I will do...yea i saw a reg cab a while ago all jacked up and sitting on 33's with a grillcraft grille with a nice baja bumper and i was like gotta get my baby up to par haha