Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Should I order top plate spacers with ome and 5100

Old 05-26-2011, 05:01 AM   #1
Bone Buster will become famous soon enough

Name: Josh
Bone Buster's Tacoma Gallery
Should I order top plate spacers with ome and 5100

Im going to order my lift after lunch( ome 885 and billy 5100)and I was wondering if I should order the spacers also to correct the lean and get a full 3in. of lift.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:48 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by badguybuster View Post
I did and it worked perfect. Handled great too. Go for it.
How many did you use. I was told 2 on one side and one on the other is that true. Toytech has them for 59 a set or 19 a piece so they must be selling 3 in there set also
Old 06-03-2011, 10:43 AM   #4
sledneck is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: CBP
sledneck's Tacoma Gallery
Same here, I just ordered 4 billies from DSM and am looking to either Eibach or 885 coils. Not sure if I need the Top Plate Spacer as well as 1/4 driver's side lean spacer or not?
Old 06-03-2011, 12:42 PM   #5

spacer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sledneck View Post
Same here, I just ordered 4 billies from DSM and am looking to either Eibach or 885 coils. Not sure if I need the Top Plate Spacer as well as 1/4 driver's side lean spacer or not?
I went ahead and got the ome 885 with 1/4 spacer for the driver side along with the 5100 set at .85. I installed mine yesterday and had my tires put on this morning. 33x12x16 nitto mudd grapplers with no scrubbing.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:43 PM   #6
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Buster View Post
I went ahead and got the ome 885 with 1/4 spacer for the driver side along with the 5100 set at .85. I installed mine yesterday and had my tires put on this morning. 33x12x16 nitto mudd grapplers with no scrubbing.
and you got it in alignment?????
Old 06-03-2011, 12:46 PM   #7
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone Buster View Post
I thought it was ill advised to run 885's above the 0 setting... Could be wrong but that's a tall and strong coil to be pre-loading.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:58 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
I thought it was ill advised to run 885's above the 0 setting... Could be wrong but that's a tall and strong coil to be pre-loading.
Ive heard of it done both ways and yea I knew I was taking a chance but o well and yes I had the alignment done this morning in which the only thing was out was my tow. Rides great! But I dont do much off roading either.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:01 PM   #9
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
Pictures? And are you 4wd? If so cv angles pics please.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:04 PM   #10
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe ....
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
This is true ^^^
Old 06-03-2011, 02:08 PM   #11
TheHansen is on a distinguished road

TheHansen's Tacoma Gallery
I have 5100 @ 1.75 with 1/4 lean spacer right now, but will be putting 885 on without the top plate next Tuesday or Wednesday. Ive got a 4x4 double cab and i'll post up measurements/ cv pics after the install if there's interest.

depending on my cv angles i may try running them at .85 or order the top plates.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:10 PM   #12
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
I'm intrigued to see these cv angles... I woulda swore over 3" and your having issues with tearing?
Old 06-03-2011, 02:18 PM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHansen View Post
I have 5100 @ 1.75 with 1/4 lean spacer right now, but will be putting 885 on without the top plate next Tuesday or Wednesday. Ive got a 4x4 double cab and i'll post up measurements/ cv pics after the install if there's interest.

depending on my cv angles i may try running them at .85 or order the top plates.
You are better off to order the top spacers
Old 06-03-2011, 03:13 PM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I know the top plate is better, i just don't like the idea of being able to see a spacer in there.
You prefer the idea of pre loading springs that aren't meant to be pre loaded better ?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:16 PM   #16

well my last truck i lifted by cranking the torsion bars too their limit, and i didn't have any issue's. In all honesty i will more than likely go the spacer route if i'm left wanting more after the 885 install. along with uca's (just cant decide which)
Old 06-03-2011, 03:19 PM   #17

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
well my last truck i lifted by cranking the torsion bars too their limit, and i didn't have any issue's. In all honesty i will more than likely go the spacer route if i'm left wanting more after the 885 install. along with uca's (just cant decide which)
Here's a good tip I wish I had done , if you are contemplating adding the top spacers at a later date , install the longer top bolts now , then you won't need to disassemble the entire coil / shock assembly to add them later
Old 06-03-2011, 03:29 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Here's a good tip I wish I had done , if you are contemplating adding the top spacers at a later date , install the longer top bolts now , then you won't need to disassemble the entire coil / shock assembly to add them later
ahhh that's a good idea. My 885's are already in the mail so oh well. i would have gotten the top plate spacers when i ordered them but i was just too paranoid about my cv's (couldn't find anything definitive). I enjoy working on the truck anyways so i don't mind pulling it apart a second time.
Old 06-03-2011, 03:34 PM   #19

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
ahhh that's a good idea. My 885's are already in the mail so oh well. i would have gotten the top plate spacers when i ordered them but i was just too paranoid about my cv's (couldn't find anything definitive). I enjoy working on the truck anyways so i don't mind pulling it apart a second time.
You got them pre assembled with new shocks ?
Old 06-03-2011, 03:41 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
You got them pre assembled with new shocks ?
no... i already have 5100's @ 1.75, and im not even 100% sure i will add the top plate. So my plan was to install the 885's @ 5100's at 0 and let them settle for a little while. If my cv angles will allow for more height i will add the top plate when i add uca's. Either way im getting new uca's. im just waiting to hear from someone who has stainless uni-balls in a climate with lots of road salt and how their holding up ( different thread i made).