Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Wiring head lamps DIY ?

Old 05-26-2011, 09:38 AM   #1
tacoma 4 life
savoy is a jewel in the roughsavoy is a jewel in the roughsavoy is a jewel in the rough

Navy: Boatswain
Name: Josh
savoy's Tacoma Gallery
Wiring head lamps DIY ?

Good day all. First of all allow me to explain. Im writing this from my iPhone. Which for some reason won't allow me to search in the search bar

Now with that said. I have 12 hours to blow here at work leaving me lots of time to navigate the site minus the search panel

Ok on to my point of this thread. I just bought a new grill and light bar from elusive elements. Aka Tim I'm expecting it's arrival Friday So Im wondering
Has anyone seen or posted a DIY for mechanically retarded people like myself?
Regarding the steps to wiring the head lamps in the grill.

I would like to do the installation myself. I like the pride I get from not having to ask someone else to do it for me (my uncle 25 year diesel mechanic)

In conclusion if anyone has some "positive" in put regarding my guestion it would be greatly aprecited

If not that fine. I try and get my uncle to help me yet again. However this time I'll take shots and make my own DIY for this mod

Either way it's a win

Haters can fuck your hat !!! Cause I know some smartass is Gonna have something to say.

Thanks for the help fellas.
Lets keep this site useful. Even to the mechanical dumbasses like myself

Cheers
Savoy
Old 05-26-2011, 11:23 AM   #2
azchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shedazchris is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Chris
azchris's Tacoma Gallery
I got a lot of great information from this thread when I wired my light bar up:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/tec...et-lights.html

Except instead of running my switch ground all the way through the firewall as he does, I just wired it to the bolt that holds the interior fuse box in.
Old 05-26-2011, 11:25 AM   #3
tacoma 4 life
savoy is a jewel in the roughsavoy is a jewel in the roughsavoy is a jewel in the rough

savoy's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for the reply
Old 05-26-2011, 12:00 PM   #4
vierzwanzig is on a distinguished road
vierzwanzig's Tacoma Gallery
make sure you post pics when you finish the install. I have the grill sitting waiting for install.
Old 05-26-2011, 12:04 PM   #5
tacoma 4 life

savoy's Tacoma Gallery
Azchris's post is exactly what I needed. I'm going to do the grill and lights this weekend provided I get the time off and I'll be sure to take photos along the way