First off what you need:
10mm Socket wrench
Flat head Screw Driver
Phillips head Screw Driver
(Optional: Electric Drill/Drill bit)
I don't Have pictures at the moment but i will post them.
- First off start by lifting the engine cover by undoing the 10mm bolts holding the cover down. You can pull the cover off and set it out of the way.
- The MAF sensor is on top of the airbox. Undo the Sensor.
- Once undone, Loosen the air hose by unscrewing the Clamp on the hose.
- Undo the clamps on the airbox to open the box to reach the primary filter.
- remove the primary filter box and primary filter. Just set them aside.
- On the part of the airbox that remains is the secondary filter. There are several options to remove this:
- Use the flat head screwdriver to pry each of the plastic holders that are built into the airbox. You will have to break the holders to get it out
- Option 2 is to drill them out (I don't recommend this because the filter box is still in the engine and it is really messy and a pain to get all the plastic shavings out before you start the engine)
- just cut the filter out and use a little force to pull it out.