1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

FJ Cruiser "toyota" emblem help please

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NFK, May 28, 2011.

1. May 28, 2011 at 10:18 AM
    NFK

NFK [OP] Death Technician

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Canada, BC, Vancouver Island, Victoria
    Vehicle:
    BLACK THUNDER
    Tiers 33/11.5 tiers Mickey Thompson,Wheels Mickey T Side Bitters 17” 3” Rev Tech Lift,Added Leaf Spring,Black Projector Headlights CCFL Halo’s / HID’S Blacked out tail light Mod,Grill craft Grill Top and Bottom Hella 500 Behind Gril,FJ40 1986 Toyota Land Cruiser Emblem Front Grill K&N Air Filter,TRD Emblem Lower Grill Bottom Right,Toyota Bug & Stone Deflector Toyota Skid Plate Rhino Lined,WeatherTech Window Visors AVID Step Up Sliders,Bushwhacker Pocket Style Fender Flares Key Hole Plugs Colour Matching,Tacoma Bed MattRear,Tailgate Anti-Theft Mod ( Key Hose Clamp) Leer 100XQ Canopy,Semi De-BadgedPainted Remaining Badges (black) FA-series Short Stubby Antenna Length: 8" TRex Eyelids,Wet Okole TRD Seat Covers Charcoal And Black With Center Console And Rear Pockets With TRD Emblem logo WeatherTech Floor Mats,48 LED Blue Dome Light
    hey guys/gals i just picket up my emblem last night and want to get it on ASAP! but befor i do i want to know how others mounted there tot he grill

im running a grill craft grill and want to know the best wat to place it on there and best way for it to hold, i have read some pages on it and seem like eveyone says dbl sided tape is the way to go, but for some reson it kinda scares me it will fall off due to the holes in the grill and not geting alot of surface area to hold onto

is there anyone out there that did it a dif way

also the clasps/plugs on the back of the emblem did you guys cut/shave them off??

thanks for the help guys hope to get some feed back on this since i want it on now! lol

thanks again

NFK

2. May 28, 2011 at 11:42 AM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    This LINK should give you all the info you need. You Patrica's need Arty to back you up... lol

Frank

3. May 28, 2011 at 12:47 PM
    tombiosis

tombiosis Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    T
    Ottawa Canada
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD offroad access
    2016 Tacoma Access Cab, Super White, TRD Off Road package,//OEM Running Boards//TriFold2.0 Tonneau Cover//FJ Cruiser TRD SE Black TrailTeams replca wheels!
    the auto parts place won't ship one to Canada! WTF?

4. May 29, 2011 at 6:42 PM
    Highland Logan

Highland Logan UBIQUE

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    Vehicle:
    2011 Black AC TRD Off Road w/ factory tow pkg
    Icon Stage 2 w/ overload left in, SPC LR UCA, 265/75 16 BFG KO2, front and rear Weathertech floor liners, OEM (Extang) solid fold tonneau, OEM bed mat, OEM front skid plate, OEM billet oil cap, "TOYOYA" tailgate decal
    Try Toyota Parts Cheap. I have ordered a few small items from them, and the service is quick and no hassle. Be advised that they do ship with UPS, and there will no doubt be a overpriced customs charge. So I would order a few things to make it worth your while.

Frank

5. May 29, 2011 at 8:43 PM
    Tacozoid

Tacozoid Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Terry
    Katy Texas
    Vehicle:
    White Tacoma Pre-runner
    Billsteins,Texas tint. Blue Dash mod. Console mod. in Blue, Customized grille
    [​IMG] I don't know what your's looks like but mine has 2 bolts on the back side and it just bolts in from behind the mesh.

6. Jun 9, 2011 at 10:11 AM
    tacomadude18

tacomadude18 18 Tacoma Cement

Member:
    First Name:
    Carlos
    Midland TX
    Vehicle:
    TRD Off Road DCLB
    K&N cold air intake
    just got mine today.. its likda small :/

Products Discussed in