Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

TRD Supercharger with TRD Cold Air Intake 2011

Old 05-30-2011, 09:22 AM   #41
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuapOh View Post
Tell me about this .50 cal of yours.
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread, so you can check it out here... just scroll about halfway down the page:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/gun...r-guns-72.html
Old 05-31-2011, 03:21 PM   #42
ottomastiff will become famous soon enough
ottomastiff's Tacoma Gallery
@ offroadfrogg.

I called my dealer to get a super charger ,and the service person informed that the my 2011 4.0L v6 does not accept the current supercharger.

I asked about the fit kit and he said that toyota does not offer such a kit.

Any help here? How did you get yours?

thanks

EDIT: Its for the TRD SC
Old 05-31-2011, 06:49 PM   #43
Oh man, i hope the dealer was wrong. I am jonesing for a Super charger
Old 05-31-2011, 07:56 PM   #44
Do Work Son!
rossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shedrossk35 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
rossk35's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomastiff View Post
@ offroadfrogg.

I called my dealer to get a super charger ,and the service person informed that the my 2011 4.0L v6 does not accept the current supercharger.

thanks

your dealer doesn't have a clue then. The s/c and fit kit are the same for all 05+ tacomas only thing that differs is the reflash that is done.
Old 05-31-2011, 09:03 PM   #45
Razorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shedRazorecko is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Razorecko's Tacoma Gallery
warranty issue ?!? just install the cai yourself so its not on record
Old 05-31-2011, 09:24 PM   #46
Airun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shedAirun is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Aaron
Airun's Tacoma Gallery
A couple guys said earlier in thread that they were planning on replacing engines at 200k. Why is this? What is your rationale?
Old 05-31-2011, 09:26 PM   #47
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomastiff View Post
@ offroadfrogg.

thanks

The 2011 truck has the same engine. It will fit. Not sure about the programming though.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:22 AM   #48
OffRoad.Frog will become famous soon enough

Navy:
OffRoad.Frog's Tacoma Gallery
Your dealers are wrong!!! Tell them to get their heads out of their asses!! The supercharger fits and comes with the flash for the ECU and the cold air box fits and it comes with warranty. Everything fits!!! It's all available!!!

Go to another dealer!!!
Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 AM   #49
whizkidder is a jewel in the roughwhizkidder is a jewel in the roughwhizkidder is a jewel in the rough
Army: Colonel
Name: Ron
whizkidder's Tacoma Gallery
I just put the TRD S/C on my 2011 4.0. Had the dealer flash the ECU. Runs like a scalded ape. No issues.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:05 AM   #50
thebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebottomline is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thebottomline's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoad.Frog View Post
No Dyno yet, checking on the price, I got it brand new like that, dealer gave us cost on everything though and they installed everything so it would all have warranty. They bundled together everything I wanted and beat down the the total cost, so i'm not sure how much each individual part was.

Thanks for the positive feedback
You should still have the invoice, it is standard toyota protocol. That would break down the options, and any other costs. At least it will tell you part costs. There will be a "shop charge" on it but won't break down.

I'm surprised you didn't negotiate specific costs. I had 3 different quotes for the "cost" price for my intake and exhaust. It seems variable.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:15 AM   #51
Prerunners Work
PSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shedPSJ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

PSJ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 99TRD View Post
Every little boys dream and you have it. Nice. I've been thinking about the SC but I hear the life of the SC is about 4-5 years and then you get to do it all over again. I just don't have that kind of jack.
Not true, a SC is very easy to rebuild to like new when you need to. Almost bought a Tundra w/ a SC on it, and it had been on there since new. Look into "what if I have to rebuild the SC" and found it to be pretty simple actually.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:09 AM   #52
thanks guys!

I will have chat with the dealer again.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #53
upsidedownviking is on a distinguished road
Name: Cody
upsidedownviking's Tacoma Gallery
The dealer up here wouldn't finance my S/C or intake, only exhaust.

In was traveling for work when the S/C was insatlled, over the phone the part dept. had no idea if the S/C would work with an '11 or what parts they would need to make it work.

The parts guys and the service guys both read the manual and they called back two days later to say it was a go. The intake showed as non compatible with S/C in their computer, so I ordered one and installed myself.

Nice Truck!!
Old 06-01-2011, 07:23 AM   #54
kylvin31 is on a distinguished road
kylvin31's Tacoma Gallery
how much would you sell your .50 cal
Old 06-01-2011, 11:10 AM   #55
tombiosis is on a distinguished road

Name: T
tombiosis's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OffRoad.Frog View Post
Yep got it brand new from the dealer like that, I just told them the exact truck I wanted and all the accessories I wanted. And then picked it up about 3 maybe 4 weeks later. And it's all covered under toyota warranty. Then drove it straight to ORW from dealer and they put on the lift and tires.
Very Nice!
But...are you going to tell us...
come on...!
I'm dying to know how much$??
Old 06-13-2011, 05:31 PM   #56
UPDATE: sorry if im hijacking OP

My taco is in the shop getting the trd cat back, cold air, and S/C as we speak!
Dealer says it will be ready by Wednesday.. it is now monday... holy shit time is moving slow...

Will post pics in the intro page when i get it.
Old 06-24-2011, 02:16 PM   #57
horwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shedhorwitzs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Seth
horwitzs's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylvin31 View Post
how much would you sell your .50 cal
Not legal in Cali, sorry.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:14 PM   #58
Legaspic is on a distinguished road

Name: Chris
Legaspic's Tacoma Gallery
same set-up on my 2012 but went with the king coilovers instead
Attached Thumbnails
TRD Supercharger with TRD Cold Air Intake 2011-photo-1.jpg   TRD Supercharger with TRD Cold Air Intake 2011-photo-6.jpg   TRD Supercharger with TRD Cold Air Intake 2011-photo-5.jpg   TRD Supercharger with TRD Cold Air Intake 2011-photo-4.jpg   TRD Supercharger with TRD Cold Air Intake 2011-photo-3.jpg  

Old 03-05-2013, 10:31 PM   #60
teamCeltics
derekjames9 is on a distinguished road

Name: Derek
derekjames9's Tacoma Gallery
so jealous haha