LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Auxilary input problem?

Old 05-29-2011, 03:00 PM   #1
frankbrah562 is on a distinguished road
frankbrah562's Tacoma Gallery
Auxilary input problem?

There seems to be a wiring problem with the aux input in my 09 tacoma.. It works but when the wire thats connected to my ipod is slightly shaken or touched it will take it out of the aux mode. Should i try to take the input out? and if so how? Thanks guys. And sorry im new hahah
Old 05-29-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
i tried that.. plus cord was new.. so im stuck haha
Old 05-29-2011, 03:26 PM   #5
only on the power-train. not on the electrical.. i just wanted to take it out and see whats up in there you know.
Old 05-29-2011, 03:50 PM   #6
Ridgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidgerunner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
Ridgerunner's Tacoma Gallery
try securing the "wire" from your ipod so that it doesn't shake loose. Once plugged into the truck unit, take the "wire" lead and fasten it somehwere at the dash-the idea is to make that lead immobilized..sort of "frozen" into position. Also make sure those jacks are plugged in nicely. The shaking is throwing the input connection out. Your truck unit is fine IMO
Old 06-27-2011, 01:33 PM   #7
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
Hey Frank, I have the same problem with my 09 TRD sport ! Did you get it solved.
I have tried different wires, so I know for fact that is a Aux jack problem.
Let me know if you got it fixed.
Thanks!!
Old 06-27-2011, 01:42 PM   #8
Recklessly tired
Fightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightnfire is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Luke
Fightnfire's Tacoma Gallery
Most likely a jack problem. It's not uncommon for stereo jacks to get damaged, especially if when something is plugged into it the jack get's hit a lot. I notice when I have my phone plugged in if I have taller coffee cup in the cup holders sometimes they hit the jack. Enough of this and you could easily loosen the connection and eventually break it.

I have never looked into it but it shouldn't be to hard to replace the female receiver in the truck?
Old 06-27-2011, 05:25 PM   #9
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
time to upgrade to a pxamg or usaspec. The auxillary input is horrible anyway.
Old 07-11-2011, 08:44 PM   #10
moulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nicemoulin6801 is just really nice
moulin6801's Tacoma Gallery
Hey there, Aux jack is great, I love the feature and It was one, of many selling points for me on the truck!
Any case, I got it fixed, still on warranty, 24K miles. They took care of it today, no charge. I called the parts dept just for kicks, and the Aux jack sell for $130!! Man, that would be a tough call...
Take care.