Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Before I accept delivery...?

Old 10-07-2008, 12:21 PM   #1
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
Before I accept delivery...?

Hey guys, My new Tacoma is set to arrive in another two or three weeks. Since this is my first new vehicle, is there anything I should look for (besides body damage) before I accept delivery?
Old 10-07-2008, 12:26 PM   #2
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
pick it up during the day or ask for 24 hours to inspect the truck.
Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 PM   #3
hillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shedhillbillynwv is one of the sharper tools in the shed

hillbillynwv's Tacoma Gallery
Everything is under warranty when it's new; your covered if anything is not working properly after you drive off the lot except body damage. I would ask them to throw in a bed mat free of charge and make sure they fill up the gas tank.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
ricepow is on a distinguished road
ricepow's Tacoma Gallery
Make sure you get everything you are entitled to. ie: bed cleats, brake harness for tow package equipped trucks, floor mats, owners manual, all your keys and key fobs.
Old 10-07-2008, 01:14 PM   #5
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricepow View Post
Make sure you get everything you are entitled to. ie: bed cleats, brake harness for tow package equipped trucks, floor mats, owners manual, all your keys and key fobs.
yes, 3 keys and 2 fobs
Old 10-07-2008, 02:27 PM   #6
Go Vick ??? Go Birds !!!
Rtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRtrn2taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Rtrn2taco's Tacoma Gallery
Save yourself the trouble and tell them to leave their sticker and license plate off.
Old 10-07-2008, 02:39 PM   #7
uuc328 is on a distinguished road

uuc328's Tacoma Gallery
rear suspension TSB?
overfender and grill paint quality if >= SR5
oh and hopefully they didnt drill holes in youf front bumber for the plate.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:01 PM   #8
Okkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to beholdOkkine is a splendid one to behold

Okkine's Tacoma Gallery
All good advice. Thanks Guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rtrn2taco View Post
Save yourself the trouble and tell them to leave their sticker and license plate off.
Yes that ones a definite. Hates those dealer stickers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuc328 View Post
rear suspension TSB?
Is the suspension TSB an issue for us Canadians? I thought I read somewhere that trucks shipped to Canada are fine?

Quote:
Originally Posted by uuc328 View Post
oh and hopefully they didnt drill holes in youf front bumber for the plate.
Unfortunately front plates are required here in BC. Is there an alternate method of attaching the front plate?
Old 10-07-2008, 03:15 PM   #9
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
How do I get the stickers off? Back in 1978 I used a hair dryer to take the bird off my Trans Am. If it's still works I have to go get a dryer.
Old 10-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #10
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
Look at the sticker and make sure you have everything in your package installed on the truck...

For instance, I bought my truck 08 new.... TRD Sport package.... it was missing the overhead temp gauge/ Compass console.... makes me wonder what else slipped pass Quality Control ????