Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Hit a UPS truck head on today!

Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #21
Gene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of lightGene563 is a glorious beacon of light

Marines: 1982-1988 Okinawa, Japan & Southern California
Name: Eugene
Gene563's Tacoma Gallery
I'm sorry for your loss...glad to hear you're OK.
Did anyone see the lady who hit you ( vehicle description or anything )? Since she hit you, that was a hit and run...I'd want to nail her to the wall. Irresponsible people irk the crap out of me!
Old 10-07-2008, 02:55 PM   #22
papabear050 will become famous soon enough
papabear050's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
Truck=Replaceable, People=Not Replaceable

Glad you are okay!!

x100000000000000000

Damn, idiot drivers make me angry....
Old 10-07-2008, 03:22 PM   #23
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Gregg
surfsupl's Tacoma Gallery
The lady who hit me pulled over,and the guy behinde me when it happened stopped and a guy walking his dog saw the whole thing. The center con. ended up like that after the impact. It just tore out of place right next to the hardware that held it in!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #24
surfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shedsurfsupl is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I thought my truck was totaled too! it wasn't, it never quit running i had to turn the key off! A Semi truck ripped the front off two days before Christmas this past year. glad your ok
So your truck was put back together? Damn! How does it ride/look now?
Old 10-07-2008, 03:34 PM   #25
aww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to beholdaww1970 is a splendid one to behold
aww1970's Tacoma Gallery
That should buff right out!
Old 10-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #26
There's an evil monkey in my truck
Evil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shedEvil Monkey is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Tradevman (flight simulator tech), Aviation Electrician (F-14a), Computer Scientist(civ)
Name: Robert
Evil Monkey's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by aww1970 View Post
That should buff right out!
If not, he can try some dry ice. Glad you're okay Surfsupl.
Old 10-07-2008, 04:39 PM   #27
06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed06BLUEDBLSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Colin
06BLUEDBLSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Man too bad about your taco man but its great to hear that she protected you. Hope your truck can get a second chance to drive on the road again
Old 10-07-2008, 04:43 PM   #28
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
I thought my truck was totaled too! it wasn't, it never quit running i had to turn the key off! A Semi truck ripped the front off two days before Christmas this past year. glad your ok

the insurance company didn't total that?
Old 10-07-2008, 05:34 PM   #29
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyToyTaco View Post
the insurance company didn't total that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfsupl View Post
So your truck was put back together? Damn! How does it ride/look now?
I know looks horrible but its not, it was all cosmetic. Basically the way the semi's trailer dragged across the front of the truck and the hight of my truck in relation, the semi just pealed the metal back. No frame damage, no engine damage besides a puncture in the radiator and a bent tie-rod. good as new! drives strait as an arrow, like new.

Edit: my airbags did not deploy b/c i was sitting at a stop sign when the semi tried to take me for a ride. That could have been my savior of not being totaled.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:25 PM   #30
Living vicariously through everybody
derekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shedderekabraham is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: TW'S Hippy Liberal
derekabraham's Tacoma Gallery
Glad you're ok man!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 28 (22 members and 6 guests) derekabraham, jc08taco, TexasJay, WSO_Man, PhoenixCadet, tacomax, alankidwell, scottpedition, vfr8, wlmolair, bstall, GotLift37, jokeplayer, ggparts, thegarse, Okkine, bcmedic, oddball, 05PreRunner, Don G, BlueTaco, Tail Gunner

Look at this TW love you're getting.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #31
668: The Neighbor of the Beast
Toy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shedToy4Life is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chad
Toy4Life's Tacoma Gallery
That sucks! Glad you're O.K. A testament to our trucks' safety.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #32
allrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud ofallrsdup has much to be proud of
allrsdup's Tacoma Gallery
looks like a total to me.the airbags going off helps justify that. it cost thousands just to get the airbags reset and put away again. that adds along with the cost of the other damage. glad your ok. its just a truck toyota made plenty of em.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #33
Prayers for Bill and Michelle
trcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant futuretrcksr4grls has a brilliant future

trcksr4grls's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to trcksr4grls
Wow... glad your ok... looks pretty bad
Old 10-07-2008, 06:42 PM   #34
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by derekabraham View Post
Glad you're ok man!

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 28 (22 members and 6 guests) derekabraham, jc08taco, TexasJay, WSO_Man, PhoenixCadet, tacomax, alankidwell, scottpedition, vfr8, wlmolair, bstall, GotLift37, jokeplayer, ggparts, thegarse, Okkine, bcmedic, oddball, 05PreRunner, Don G, BlueTaco, Tail Gunner

Look at this TW love you're getting.
DAMN! good you're ok. how come theres so many Tacoma's being wrecked lately? glad you made it through that wreck. how fast were you and the truck going?

yep, theres even more now:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 39 (32 members and 7 guests) xtreme450, pittim, rutu, redlight, 283, trcksr4grls, Angel of Death, steviestyles, allrsdup, camsbored, Toy4Life, eyball, jamievan, Fluke, jc08taco, mpatel, PhoenixCadet, alankidwell, scottpedition, vfr8, wlmolair, bstall, GotLift37, jokeplayer, ggparts, thegarse, Okkine, oddball, 05PreRunner, Don G, BlueTaco, Tail Gunner
Old 10-07-2008, 07:29 PM   #35
jtaco is on a distinguished road
jtaco's Tacoma Gallery
yea glad u are ok, that could've caused some life changing ailments.
and that is no fun let me tell u .
but dont get your insurance to pay for it, get hers too.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:38 PM   #36
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
Glad your okay man, I know it sucks but trucks can be replaced you can't. Now if my wife had done that well she would never even come home. JK!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:49 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme450 View Post
DAMN! good you're ok. how come theres so many Tacoma's being wrecked lately? glad you made it through that wreck. how fast were you and the truck going?

yep, theres even more now:
Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 39 (32 members and 7 guests) xtreme450, pittim, rutu, redlight, 283, trcksr4grls, Angel of Death, steviestyles, allrsdup, camsbored, Toy4Life, eyball, jamievan, Fluke, jc08taco, mpatel, PhoenixCadet, alankidwell, scottpedition, vfr8, wlmolair, bstall, GotLift37, jokeplayer, ggparts, thegarse, Okkine, oddball, 05PreRunner, Don G, BlueTaco, Tail Gunner

I was going 25-30 mph,the ups truck was at a dead stop waiting to make a turn.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:05 PM   #38
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
wow! cant believe that much damage can be had from a 30mph impact. did the big UPS truck even move from the impact? lol
Old 10-07-2008, 09:28 PM   #39
Obama can suck-it
TSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the roughTSUNAMI*22 is a jewel in the rough
TSUNAMI*22's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dually View Post
Oh damn! I'd of went apeshit on the lady, for sure.

I wonder if the UPS driver lost their job?

I used to work for UPS. Aside from maybe being a wee bit sore, the UPS guy probably didn't even feel it. I hope both of you didn't get hurt.

No, he/she wouldn't lose their job - although they probably will still lose their "safe driving" status and get charged with an "accident".

UPS is really retarded in that respect......poor bastard is inside making a delivery under the gun - someone does a hit and run - the driver is still at fault, doesn't matter how hard they try to park in a safe place. Driver gets charged with an accident.

Some person lets a shopping cart get loose - hits and scratches truck - driver of UPS truck is at fault and gets charged with an accident.

The only time they could get fired is if they didn't report the slightest thing and got caught. Wouldn't matter if you were a 20 year veteran...your fired if you don't report it.
Old 10-07-2008, 09:29 PM   #40
08BlackTacoma is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Police Officer
08BlackTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
just think of all the delayed packages that day, LOL

Glad your ok though!