Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

'09 Tacoma and brush guards

Old 10-07-2008, 02:08 PM   #1
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
'09 Tacoma and brush guards

I just traded in my black '06 DC PreRunner for a black '09 4x4 TRD DC yesterday... I love Tacomas!

I read one post by someone that said that there was no difference between the '08 and '09 Tacomas that would affect brush guard applications, but has anyone fitted their '09 with a brush guard? If so, which one? I am looking at a Westin Sportsman 1-piece in black. A local dealer told me $550 and 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, but Amazon is $400 and is offering free supersaver (9-10 day) delivery. Sounds like a good deal...
Old 10-07-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
I just traded in my black '06 DC PreRunner for a black '09 4x4 TRD DC yesterday... I love Tacomas!

I read one post by someone that said that there was no difference between the '08 and '09 Tacomas that would affect brush guard applications, but has anyone fitted their '09 with a brush guard? If so, which one? I am looking at a Westin Sportsman 1-piece in black. A local dealer told me $550 and 2 to 3 weeks for delivery, but Amazon is $400 and is offering free supersaver (9-10 day) delivery. Sounds like a good deal...
just a heads up....but have you checked ebay yet??? they have a few one piece brushguards on there now, as well as some with the removable headlight brushguards. may be worth looking into man!
Old 10-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #3
Sooooooper Moderator
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
here's a one piece on ebay for $269 w/ free shipping....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...spagenameZWDVW
Old 10-07-2008, 10:15 PM   #4
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Almost bought the one off ebay, then I looked at the pics a little closer. The one on ebay has completely vertical bars. The Westin's vertical bars bend out just a bit, following the lines between the grill and the headlights. Just looks a little more like it was made for the Tacoma - the other looks a little more generic.

Just my thoughts...

Next question - PIAA or Hella lights?? I had Hella lights on my Z71 back in college, but have always heard good things about PIAA.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Next question - PIAA or Hella lights?? I had Hella lights on my Z71 back in college, but have always heard good things about PIAA.
i'd say go either way. PIAA has a good reputation but the hella's will be cheaper. BTW, Welcome to Tacomaworld!
Old 10-07-2008, 10:20 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Both are bad ass lights if ya got the money spend it on piaa's
Old 10-07-2008, 10:23 PM   #7
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

i was looking at the brush guards.... and they dont impress me with the looks and mounting systems. Are you sure you want one of those when you can get a full ARB plate bumper that will accommodate and winch, etc. for around $875?
Old 10-07-2008, 10:32 PM   #8

here's a link to Moose's Tacoma with an ARB
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/bui...?highlight=ARB
Old 10-07-2008, 10:39 PM   #9
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

this is the one im going to get for my 04. i dont do alot of hardcore offroading...only once in a while, but i mostly go to certain hunting and fishing spots, so i think this will work for me.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1998-...mZ260294146283
Old 10-07-2008, 10:43 PM   #11

Quote:
$875 is a lot more than I want to spend and I don't want to replace my whole bumper. The Westin I'm looking at is $400 on Amazon with free shipping.
yeah, i can understand that. i guess i've just never cared for those bolt on brush guards.
Old 10-07-2008, 10:46 PM   #13

Quote:
The only other brush guard I've owned (on my Z71) was a Manik 1-piece. I always heard that the three piece units started to rattle. A friend of mine got one and simply welded it all together himself.
after i get mine....i'll probably weld everything in place so its extra stout!!