1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

CANT FIND ANY SOLID FOGLIGHTS FOR GOOD PRICE!!!!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by JoeRags27, May 31, 2011.

1. May 31, 2011 at 1:53 AM
    JoeRags27

JoeRags27 [OP] Because I can

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    08' Tacoma 5-spd Blacked Out
    Aftermarket tires/all black aftermarket wheels/LED interior floor MOD/Cargo bed net/Interior LED Mod/Plasti dip Emblems Mod/Plasti Dip grill Black/Black Headlight Mod/AFE Pro Dry S Filter
    Rather than spending the $300 and change on the factory direct fogs I will settle for the cheaper ones but in like the 80-150 range. Any suggestions? Other than EBAY Im not finding any complete kits (wires/relay/housing units and bulbs etc.) that look like they would be a good fit. The factory switch I already have a hold of so that isnt a concern. Any suggestions would be awesome Im trying to get my baby TACOS holes filled if ya know what I mean!! HAHA

TACO JOE.jpg

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  2. May 31, 2011 at 2:22 AM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    if you're pre wired like alot of these trucks are then all you need is the switch, relay and fogs. Best way to see if you're pre wired is look for the foglight wireing harnesses up in the front wheel wells, and that the harness is ther for the switch. If so go to www.rockauto.com and do a search under an 05' tacoma. Same parts, just won't show any for newer years for some reason. Goodluck

3. May 31, 2011 at 2:30 AM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    Aftermarket tires/all black aftermarket wheels/LED interior floor MOD/Cargo bed net/Interior LED Mod/Plasti dip Emblems Mod/Plasti Dip grill Black/Black Headlight Mod/AFE Pro Dry S Filter
    No i got under there last night and no harness in sight! I was hoping it was there too because its the first time I looked since I have only had the truck for a week now! I feel discriminated against haha

4. May 31, 2011 at 2:39 AM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    But under my little pull down compartment on the left of the dash underneath my blank factory swithc slots where I would put my new switch, up under there is a blank harness/switch plug in looking adapter not sure what it is it is labeled with a black removable cap labeled OBD or OBO anyone have pics of this or know what this is?

5. May 31, 2011 at 3:16 AM
    tanzak88

tanzak88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    To build your own wiring harness, it's fairly inexpensive really... That's no big deal, at all. Some wire, some butt connectors, shrink tubing, inline fuse/holder, relay, 3 ring terminals (light ground, 12v+, switch ground [if illuminated]), and a couple female connectors for your switch. No big deal.

6. May 31, 2011 at 3:24 AM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    Yea im not worried about the harness really just a decent set of fogs I actually have a 30 amp 12v relay and like a 20 foot roll of 14 guage wire just need the crimp connectors/in line fuse/ so im partially there just looking for a solid set of fogs that arent factory price but are still able to withstand the drive i.e. no shaking or unwanted tilting/cracking.

7. May 31, 2011 at 3:26 AM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    But it would be sweet if I knew what that empty harness thing was behind my switches because if it is the harness for a factory switch(dont know how it would be) i could just run a factory switch at least and I have no clue what it is have been trying to figure it out for 3 days now haha

8. May 31, 2011 at 7:26 AM
    jrgroucho

jrgroucho Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Michigan
    Vehicle:
    2010 AC SR5 BSP
    Hose Clamp, No Seatbelt Chime, Husky Floor Liners, BHLM, sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, Wet Okole Covers/Armrests,
    I think you are talking about the On Board Diagnostic (OBD) port. It is where you plug in a computer to diagnose CELs.

9. May 31, 2011 at 12:57 PM
    Texoma

Texoma IG: Triple C Chop Shop

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris(Topher)
    Lago Vista, TX
    Vehicle:
    10 Taco 4x4
    A bunch a cool stickers, a bada ass MetalMiller Tx Longhorns grill emblem painted Hemi Orange, JBA long tube headers with o2 sims, Diff breather mod, Red LED interior lights, Fancy head unit that plays ipod n movies, Also DIY install factory stuff like, factory cruise control, factory intermittent wipers, OME nitro struts with 886x springs and toy tec top plate, JBA high caster UCA's for better alignmnet and dey beefier too, Old Man Emu Dakar leaf springs in da rear with the gear, U bolt flipper, Ivan Stewart TRD rims with 33" K Bro 2's, some bad ass weather tech floor liners so I don't muck up my interior, an ATO shackle flipper for mo travel in da rear wit the gear, also super shiny Fox 2.0 shocks back there too, all sorts of steal armor for bouncing off of the rocks like demello sliders, AP front skid, trans skid, n transfer skid, demello gas tank skid, and a tough as nails ARB bumper with warn 8k winch, I'm sure there's more
    On the button bank, if that's what you want to call it. Which is to the left of the steering wheel. The top left most button blank is where the fog light switch is supposed to be. If you pull out that blank and there is a wiring harness attached to or maybe behind it, that should be it. If you're talking about something else then be more specific or hit up somepics and someone will be able to tell ya what it is. All else fails, read the owners manual.

10. May 31, 2011 at 1:37 PM
    epa4wd

epa4wd Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Eduardo
    Vehicle:
    2019 SR
    Clazzio Seat Covers OR Wheels 40% tint Side Steps KC Fog Lights
    I have the ebay OEM style replicas as well as some other people here, no issues (no fogging shaking etc), they snap in place where the factory ones do. Other than that there is really no much choice unless you are willing to go over that budget.

[​IMG]

11. May 31, 2011 at 9:07 PM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    That is definitely the On board Diagnostics thanks man good heads up!

12. May 31, 2011 at 9:09 PM
    JoeRags27

Member:
    First Name:
    Joe
    Pawleys Island, SC
    Vehicle:
    You have a specific seller/item that you got these from on EBAY? A lot of reviews on shady sellers that I dont want to deal with. I like paying for something and having it work so if yours are good to go then I would like to see what is available similar to what you got that would be cool. thanks man

Products Discussed in

To Top