Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Modifications remorse thread

Old 10-07-2008, 04:11 PM   #1
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Question Modifications remorse thread

I saw the Options Remorse thread and thought we needed one for regrettable mods.

I'll start...
.2" coil-overs with weak springs (should have went straight for 2.5")
.All-Pro UCAs

My issues came from a lack of knowledge concerning what I was getting into. I knew rock crawling but some of that hardware just isn't made to take high-speed abuse. I could have saved a few bucks on my build if I went straight for the hardware I currently have, but then I wouldn't have spare parts. It's a trade-off.

Anybody else?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: beat cop...putting bad people in jail
Name: Jeff
tigerfan00's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I saw the Options Remorse thread and thought we needed one for regrettable mods.

I'll start...
.2" coil-overs with weak springs (should have went straight for 2.5")
.All-Pro UCAs

My issues came from a lack of knowledge concerning what I was getting into. I knew rock crawling but some of that hardware just isn't made to take high-speed abuse. I could have saved a few bucks on my build if I went straight for the hardware I currently have, but then I wouldn't have spare parts. It's a trade-off.

Anybody else?
i'd prob change my rear bumper...the style is "OK" but not great...kind of wish i couldve kept my plate on the bumper instead of the tailgate
Old 10-07-2008, 04:14 PM   #3
6 Double 5 3 2 1
thebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shedthebigk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ken....
thebigk's Tacoma Gallery
Getting married................................

"What do you mean you need new tires"
"What do you mean you need new rims"
"What do you mean you need nerf bars"
"What do you mean you need a new stereo"
"It's a new truck....you don't need that stuff"

So alas.....no mods yet to remorse about! (BUt am ordering the nerf bars next week anyway!)
Old 10-07-2008, 04:16 PM   #4
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!
tigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtigerfan00 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebigk View Post
Getting married................................

"What do you mean you need new tires"
"What do you mean you need new rims"
"What do you mean you need nerf bars"
"What do you mean you need a new stereo"
"It's a new truck....you don't need that stuff"

So alas.....no mods yet to remorse about! (BUt am ordering the nerf bars next week anyway!)
i need new tires so i dont get stuck
i need new rims to fit the new tires correctly
i need nerf bars to help you get into the truck
i need a new stereo because im a man and i said so

Old 10-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #5
tsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of light

tsilliker's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to tsilliker
I regret installing the Timbrens in the rear suspension. Ruined my "gentleman's ride." I will be going back to the stock bump stops.

This is no way to beef up the rear. Worked OK for hauling a tandem axle travel trailer and for hauling water in the back of the pickup, but driving the truck empty, it feels like it is bottoming out all the time.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:32 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
I have no remorse. All of my mods kick ass.
Old 10-07-2008, 06:45 PM   #7
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
even the super duper flying cig lighter burnt mint smell mod?
Old 10-07-2008, 06:46 PM   #8
Jester182 will become famous soon enough
Navy: US Naval Academy
Jester182's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerfan00 View Post
i need new tires so i dont get stuck
i need new rims to fit the new tires correctly
i need nerf bars to help you get into the truck
i need a new stereo because im a man and i said so

Hahaha amen to that!
Old 10-07-2008, 06:47 PM   #9
Living vicariously through mjp2
eordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shedeordonez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ed
eordonez's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats the most kickass of all...
Old 10-07-2008, 06:52 PM   #10
BECAUSE INTERNETS!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester182 View Post
Hahaha amen to that!
for the record that came out of the mouth of the guy who isnt married or even dating anyone seriously so...well...lets not really go with my advice on what to say to women
Old 10-07-2008, 06:55 PM   #11
UnderWater Monopoly Champion
TicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTicTacOma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: F-15 Crew-Chief
Name: Anastatia Beaverhausen
TicTacOma's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to TicTacOma
"i need nerf bars to help you get into the truck"

"Why?, do you think I'm too FAT to get into the truck?"

I can hear it now......

Happily Single Name:  hide.gif
Views: 355
Size:  993 Bytes
Old 10-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #12
Devout Atheist
piercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shedpiercedtiger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jon
piercedtiger's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to piercedtiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post

I can hear it now......

Happily Single Attachment 12475
My wife was pregnant at the time and had 1 back surgery prior when I got my step bars (just after lifting the truck 3".... heh)

I don't regret any my mods. Most of them are functional and added for a reason. However, I do wish I'd been able to afford a better lift kit. The Toytec spacer/AAL is fine for street and highway use, but harsh off road. If I'd had the money at the time to get OME 886's, shocks, and Dakar leafs I would have. I didn't, so the $240-ish for the Toytec was good enough for now.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:32 PM   #13
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
Westin step bars. Should've gotten Nfabs which are actually useful AS step bars and not just parking lot protection.

Other than that, I haven't done many mods so no, not much else to complain about.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:34 PM   #14
tsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of lighttsilliker is a glorious beacon of light

tsilliker's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to tsilliker
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverback07 View Post
Try airbags.. no not the mother in law kind.
I had Firestone airbags, worked great for hauling our 23' trailer... and when not towing I could air them down to 5 PSI and not even know they where there. Just a thought.
I will check them out. Do they work with the stock leaf springs?

Many thanks for the advice! Great forum!
Old 10-07-2008, 07:37 PM   #15
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Well....that one WAS the most entertaining.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:55 PM   #16
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
same here
Old 10-08-2008, 12:25 PM   #17
Wherever I May Roam
SteelCity will become famous soon enoughSteelCity will become famous soon enough

Navy: Navy Corpsman, LT, FMF (RET), U.S. Marines 4th LSB, Shock-Trauma Platoon
SteelCity's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TicTacOma View Post

I can hear it now......

Happily Single Attachment 12475
Please change your signature picture. Not fair to other members who need to be doing something else besides looking at your signature picture.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:40 PM   #19
AKA: Jake the Wolf
kristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant futurekristopherl has a brilliant future

kristopherl's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity View Post
Please change your signature picture. Not fair to other members who need to be doing something else besides looking at your signature picture.
hell, make the sig pic bigger for a wallpaper
Old 10-08-2008, 12:47 PM   #20
My hair is all natural
lsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shedlsocoee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hotdog
lsocoee's Tacoma Gallery
There are times when I think that I should have just gone for custom installed leather instead of the Wet Okole covers.