Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Steering Issues

Old 05-31-2011, 05:57 PM   #1
Cummins is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
Cummins's Tacoma Gallery
Steering Issues

I know that this has several threads but I have not found one that has a permeant fix. My truck is have a stiff steering issue randomly. I have been spraying the knuckle but was wondering if there is a fix where I don't have to continue to spray the knuckle??
I have an 05 Dcab 4x4
Thanks,
Robert
Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 PM   #2
skytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shedskytower is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Gunners Mate
Name: Dave
skytower's Tacoma Gallery
A random stiff steering points to the rack. Is it worse when it's cold?
Old 05-31-2011, 07:14 PM   #3
This is my derpawayinator!!!!!
NelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedNelsonTacoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

NelsonTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by skytower View Post
A random stiff steering points to the rack.
Exactly. How's the fluid level too? In my old 4runner I had a bad p/s leak and that's how I knew when to fill it up, that and the bad pump whine.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:36 AM   #4
Cummins is on a distinguished road
Name: Robert
Cummins's Tacoma Gallery
That is what is weird it does not leak, sweak, or do it all the time. If it would do one of those three would make it a lot easier to fix.

Robert