2. rust in the three holes on under the back bumper

anyone else have rust in these areas?
Attached Thumbnails
rust problems-rust1.jpg   rust problems-rust2.jpg  
Old 06-01-2011, 04:05 AM   #2
SCRAPER
09638 is on a distinguished road
09638's Tacoma Gallery
ya man search for it on here. lots of tacoma's have been having rust issues.
My truck is the same and it came that way from the dealer brand new, I live in hawaii too. Mine is a little worse because theres rust on the frame, front skid plate and a few other places. I would invest in an underbody rust proofing application the dealer might be able to help you or the spray-on bed liner stores. I myself pressure wash everything every other week and that seems to help. any rust I buff off and paint flat black over it so it doesn't come back. Many think one day there will be a rust recall like the old tundra's (where they tell you to come get a new frame for free)
Old 06-01-2011, 06:28 AM   #4
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Yes. I got some on the rear bumper too. And on the trailer hitch.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:34 AM   #5
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
ill gladly take it.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 AM   #6
Syncros is on a distinguished road
Syncros's Tacoma Gallery
That is not a rust issue at all. Il post pics of mine.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:37 AM   #7
Capita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shedCapita is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Capita's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syncros View Post
That is not a rust issue at all. Il post pics of mine.
x2. I thought that looked really good actually. I wouldn't call that a rust problem. I seen a lot worst in the new trucks sitting on the dealer lot over here
Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #9
A7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedA7XTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryan
A7XTaco's Tacoma Gallery
My 06 didn't have any rust. My '11 had it sitting on the lot.

I was going to be worried about it, but its just surface rust... I'll keep my eye on it over the next few years, if it looks like its starting to pit deeper, then I'll start doing something.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:42 AM   #11
My pee parts itch
dexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the sheddexterdog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

dexterdog's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2. I thought that looked really good actually. I wouldn't call that a rust problem. I seen a lot worst in the new trucks sitting on the dealer lot over here
x2.

Any steel unprotected from the elements will show surface rust. Don't look at your front rotors after it rains.
Old 06-01-2011, 06:24 PM   #12
Babytruck, babytruck...I've got a babytruck :)
babytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shedbabytruck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

babytruck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by babytruck View Post
Yes. I got some on the rear bumper too. And on the trailer hitch.
Since I had an appt to do the spring TSB today, I went and asked about the rust. He said it was not really an issue, that it's because there was water on the inside of the bumper and it had dripped around the hitch. The inside of the bumper wasn't really rusty, just a bit of surface rust from sitting in the lot for so long.
Old 06-01-2011, 07:26 PM   #13
dtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the sheddtacow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
dtacow's Tacoma Gallery
I would take the time now to fix the shitty paint on the frame from the factory. Lightly sand, use some metal ready (POR-15 product), then prime with rustoleum clean metal primer (white stuff) and cover with black rustoleum paint. For the nooks and crannies that you can't get to, or don't want to cover with paint (this could make the problem worse by trapping moisture. Ex- brackets that are riveted on), I'd spray some fluid film in regularly (2x / year). Also use fluid film inside boxed portions of the frame.

My $0.02.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:00 AM   #14
Go home if you don't like guns liquor and whores.
maxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmaxamillion2345 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
maxamillion2345's Tacoma Gallery
ahhh ahhh god damn it

Old 06-02-2011, 08:36 AM   #15
xxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to beholdxxaarraa is a splendid one to behold

xxaarraa's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtacow View Post
I would take the time now to fix the shitty paint on the frame from the factory. Lightly sand, use some metal ready (POR-15 product), then prime with rustoleum clean metal primer (white stuff) and cover with black rustoleum paint. For the nooks and crannies that you can't get to, or don't want to cover with paint (this could make the problem worse by trapping moisture. Ex- brackets that are riveted on), I'd spray some fluid film in regularly (2x / year). Also use fluid film inside boxed portions of the frame.

My $0.02.
Yes. Any truck that sits outside is bound to show rust. Before every winter, it's good practice to get under there with a wire brush, scrape off the surface rust and spray some paint.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:46 PM   #16
HotinEWA is on a distinguished road
HotinEWA's Tacoma Gallery
Do you guys think toyota will cover this rust problem?....... 5000 miles on the truck.....dang toyota
Old 06-03-2011, 09:48 PM   #17
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinEWA View Post
Do you guys think toyota will cover this rust problem?....... 5000 miles on the truck.....dang toyota
No , and that is not a rust problem
Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #18
the point is simply this
georgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorgeandkanoa is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: jeff
georgeandkanoa's Tacoma Gallery
I don't think there's a vehicle made that doen't have rust underneath it
Old 06-03-2011, 09:58 PM   #19
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
That is not a rust problem. This is a rust problem:

BTW, the inside of my tow hitch had surface rust while the truck was still sitting in the dealer's lot.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:59 PM   #20
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenLyns View Post
That is not a rust problem. This is a rust problem:

BTW, the inside of my tow hitch had surface rust while the truck was still sitting in the dealer's lot.

The shackle locations always get bad , no ?