ARB On Board Twin Air Compressor Kit

Old 06-01-2011, 12:35 PM   #1
Mr. Boombastic
TacoIII will become famous soon enoughTacoIII will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Security forces
Name: Andrew
TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
ARB On Board Twin Air Compressor Kit

Does any one have this set up? Seems like all the ones i have found have been the step down from this. this is the only place i found it at so far.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/16104_900X_PG.htm
Old 06-01-2011, 12:50 PM   #2
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Its a brand new system they just came out with, thats probably why they're hard to find. Most sites probably just havent been updated yet.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
Bullwinkle J. Moose
bjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shedbjmoose is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
bjmoose's Tacoma Gallery
It's big enough you'll have to mount it somewhere other than under the hood.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:54 PM   #4
mjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjohn617 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Coast Guard: National Strike Force
mjohn617's Tacoma Gallery
Brand spankin new, Relentless is right they might be easier to get directly from ARB. that thing is a beast, what do you plan on doing with it!
Old 06-02-2011, 03:56 AM   #5
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmoose View Post
It's big enough you'll have to mount it somewhere other than under the hood.
Does anybody know the dimesions?
Old 06-06-2011, 06:58 AM   #6
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
bump
Old 06-06-2011, 09:44 AM   #7
==========
pAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shedpAP is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
pAP's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by TacoIII View Post
Does anybody know the dimesions?
Its 4.5"x7.5"x10.8" I looked into this myself. If you have a double cab, it will fit nicely behind the rear seat backrest compartment. Just vent it to the outside so you don't get the smell of diff fluid in the truck. The only downside is that you will hear it in the cabin. I don't think thats too bad considering it will only run for a quick second inside the cab when locking the diffs. Other than that, you will be outside the cab filling tires and whatnot. FYI - you still need a tank in order to run air tools.

Pap
Old 06-12-2011, 06:50 AM   #9
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
thanks pAP so im guessing there is no place under the hood it could go. I dont like the idea of it being in the cab.maybe it could be mounted in the storage box in the bed with some modifications to the box.
Old 11-12-2011, 04:16 PM   #10
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Anybody have one yet?
Old 11-12-2011, 04:29 PM   #11
cummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shedcummins6speed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

cummins6speed's Tacoma Gallery
6.16cfm, that is a lot for a small compressor. I want to know at what pressure that is though, it doesn't say.

For that price you can get two Viair's but they don't have that high of a rate of flow
Old 11-12-2011, 07:39 PM   #12
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by cummins6speed View Post
6.16cfm, that is a lot for a small compressor. I want to know at what pressure that is though, it doesn't say.

For that price you can get two Viair's but they don't have that high of a rate of flow
Its gotta be a low PSI rating, I just saw its rated for 'nearly 3 CFM at 100PSI' in a write up in Fourwheeler magazine.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:27 PM   #13
Mr. Boombastic

TacoIII's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RelentlessTaco View Post
Its gotta be a low PSI rating, I just saw its rated for 'nearly 3 CFM at 100PSI' in a write up in Fourwheeler magazine.
That is still pretty good isnt it?
Old 02-21-2012, 06:44 AM   #14
davevan is on a distinguished road
davevan's Tacoma Gallery
I also need such a kit but have not bought it yet but I will. Normally I use the air compressor rental if I need such a device. Which is very convenient but nevertheless I will buy this prospectively. Seems to be a good offer but I will check some more out and then I will buy one.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:31 AM   #15
Namtinker is on a distinguished road
Namtinker's Tacoma Gallery
Just finished a complete install of this unit on my 07 TRD.
Installed behind the left passenger bench in the back. Fits - just. Also included was the little manifold kit required for any locker solenoids.

Noise is not disturbing - the dampening effect of all the upholstery & seat helps a lot.

The install was documented and should be available on Ouipack's site first week in March.

Nice unit - but it will be challenging to find a spot inside the engine compartment. I have the snorkel and supercharger, and there was simply no space left.

NT
Old 02-21-2012, 08:16 AM   #16
badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shedbadger is one of the sharper tools in the shed
badger's Tacoma Gallery
If you want a killer OBA look at the Puma PD-1006. They are fairly quiet, deliver a ton of air and are quality construction. Mine is mounted in the bed. Best prices used to be at Buzzard Gulch on Ebay. I haven't looked for a while. I think I paid around $225
http://www.greenvalleycompressor.com...egory_Code=ACP
Old 03-25-2012, 11:30 PM   #17
Ban Pending
HBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shedHBMurphy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paul
HBMurphy's Tacoma Gallery
Or you can get one of these... if you can find one... they are now discontinued. I have one but I personally wouldn't use one without having two batteries (or at least one deep cycle battery) or an over-sized alternator - 120-140 amp draw - its a winch motor. Oh and it's small enough to keep in the bed of the truck! lol

Warn Air Power VTC Portable Air Compressor

Motor: 12 VDC Motor
Max Pressure: 100 PSI
Pressure Switch: Cuts off at 100psi, turns on when below 70 PSI
Airflow: 20 CFM at 0 PSI, 8 CFM at 90 PSI
Air Reservoir Size: 1gal
Air Recovery Time: 45sec
Air Up Time: Can fill a 32" tire from 0-32lb in about 1-2min
Fan Cooled: Yes
Warranty: 1yr
Weight: 50lbs
Dimensions: 12.25W X 14.26H X 16.668L