Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

Tacoma Commercial - Whats up?

Old 10-07-2008, 07:10 PM   #1
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Tacoma Commercial - Whats up?

So, I was watching Taco vids on youtube and came across my favorite Tacoma commercial. When I started paying attention, I realized these Taco's do not sound like my own. Whats up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bn7kSjlxBfw

Is that the sound one gets from the TRD catback? If so, I am going to add it to the list.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:33 PM   #2
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Dammit. Toyota's site doesn't say mods they have done to these trucks.
Urgrh.
Old 10-07-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
JJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shedJJ Customs is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: Sgt (Advisor Instructor 0311)
Name: Jay
JJ Customs's Tacoma Gallery
It could just be a sound over man, they tend to do that sort of thing so that they sound better on TV.
Old 10-08-2008, 12:46 PM   #4

Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by harris.jasonm View Post
It could just be a sound over man, they tend to do that sort of thing so that they sound better on TV.
I hope its not a sound over. Bah. I thought it sounded awesome.
Old 10-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
tflorida is on a distinguished road
tflorida's Tacoma Gallery
There is an option for a "TRD cat-back exhaust" on tacomas that is supposed to provide a "throaty growl" and increased horsepower. Maybe they have that installed. But maybe its also a sound-over.
Old 10-09-2008, 07:32 AM   #7
Robbie will become famous soon enoughRobbie will become famous soon enough

Robbie's Tacoma Gallery
The soundtrack is added in in post production by a sound editor. I'm sure the voices we added in during post.