Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

which to get..Spacer lift or 5100s

Old 06-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #1
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
which to get..Spacer lift or 5100s

ive been thinking about giving my taco a little lift (about 2.5"-3"). i was hoping to get input on whether to get lift spacers or Bilstein 5100s ? Right now im running 285/70/17s w/o any lift.

Thanks in Advance!
Old 06-03-2011, 08:57 AM   #2
Street glide or die
yotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shedyotamikez is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
yotamikez's Tacoma Gallery
5100's and pics.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:58 AM   #3
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah 5100's nuf said
Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #4
Ccsilva73 is on a distinguished road
Name: Cliff
Ccsilva73's Tacoma Gallery
spacer

Talk to Doug from Toytec..I got a 3 inch spacer lift and a 1 1/2 block in the back... It is AWESOME!!! I am running 265/70/17's...the stance and look is great for the cost.... Granted I only stay on the road..It rides smooth on road, however it is a bit stiff on bumps and holes..but I understand that it is the "lowest" lift on the totem pole..but for my use....great!!!
Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 AM   #5
Nuttier than squirrel shit.
BFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shedBFA is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
BFA's Tacoma Gallery
i dont know why youd consider spacers or the 5100s..
5100s all the way
Old 06-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #6
The lice...they hate the sugar
Richard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shedRichard Cranium is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ted
Richard Cranium's Tacoma Gallery
5100s
Old 06-03-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
Banned
97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed97yota4wd is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Eric
97yota4wd's Tacoma Gallery
5100s for sure
Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM   #8
whitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhitetaco02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Frank
whitetaco02's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepLONGBEACH View Post
ive been thinking about giving my taco a little lift (about 2.5"-3"). i was hoping to get input on whether to get lift spacers or Bilstein 5100s ? Right now im running 285/70/17s w/o any lift.

Thanks in Advance!

You run 285's with no lift?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:51 AM   #9
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
5100s.. gotta pic of them tires on the stock truck?
Old 06-03-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

thanks guys for the input! i think i'll go with the 5100s then.
@ whitetaco02, ya ive been running like that for a awhile..i had to do some trimming. As of now it only rubs when i fully turn the steering wheel
Old 06-03-2011, 10:06 AM   #11
SoCal Reppin

@ buzzardsgottaeat, ya i actually took a picture of it when i slapped them on a while back..
Attached Thumbnails
which to get..Spacer lift or 5100s-imag0129.jpg  
Old 06-03-2011, 11:25 AM   #12
"Pick up some speed.. You'll make it."
BuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shedBuzzardsGottaEat is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Marines: 3rd Battalion, 1st Marines
Name: Chaz
BuzzardsGottaEat's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmmm.. i was just thinking ill stick with 265 till i lift, but i have seen a few runnin 285s stock. Plus id have 285/70-16.. inch smaller rim.... hmmmm decisions decisions
Old 06-03-2011, 11:36 AM   #13
SoCal Reppin

thats cool. i just placed an order for front & rear 5100s. ill probably set the fronts @ 2.5 but not sure about the back yet..gotta find out which settings will make it look leveled.
Old 06-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #14
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: steven
TacoSID138's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
thats cool. i just placed an order for front & rear 5100s. ill probably set the fronts @ 2.5 but not sure about the back yet..gotta find out which settings will make it look leveled.

do you plan on lifting the rear too? or just up front?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:56 AM   #15
SoCal Reppin

for now, just the fronts..gonna do some research for the rears
Old 06-03-2011, 12:04 PM   #16
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: steven
TacoSID138's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
for now, just the fronts..gonna do some research for the rears
from what ive read, for the 2nd gens the billys set at 2.5 and a 2" add a leaf will level your taco out. someone correct me if im wrong.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:06 PM   #17
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ccsilva73 View Post
Talk to Doug from Toytec..I got a 3 inch spacer lift and a 1 1/2 block in the back... It is AWESOME!!! I am running 265/70/17's...the stance and look is great for the cost.... Granted I only stay on the road..It rides smooth on road, however it is a bit stiff on bumps and holes..but I understand that it is the "lowest" lift on the totem pole..but for my use....great!!!

If you think thats smooth, you'd probably think you're floating on a cloud with 5100s.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:30 PM   #18
Kylie's dad
WilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shedWilsonTheDog is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
WilsonTheDog's Tacoma Gallery
I debated this almost from the time I bought my truck (August '07) until a couple months ago when I finally did the lift. You can see my choice to the left there...
Old 06-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #19
06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed06TRDZombieHunter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: Cornelius Fire Department and Metro West Ambulance
Name: Robert
06TRDZombieHunter's Tacoma Gallery
I may be wrong... But probably not

Quote:
The rear Bilstein 5100's for our rigs aren't adjustable... just really nice shocks. They sit at the stock height.

The fronts are adjustable because they preload the springs by having a little shelf to move the springs up.
Since there arent coil springs in the rear they cant be pre loaded (lifted)
Old 06-03-2011, 07:34 PM   #20
Hiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shedHiatt1991 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hiatt
Hiatt1991's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via MSN to Hiatt1991
No question. 5100s.