Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

What should I do if I wanted to go back to stock ride height?

Old 06-03-2011, 11:38 AM   #1
DestinTaco is on a distinguished road

DestinTaco's Tacoma Gallery
What should I do if I wanted to go back to stock ride height?

Right now I've go just short of a 3" lift with 2" AAL's and 884 coils up front with top plate spacer. I don't have the original coils. Let's say I wanted to go back to stock height, what should I do? Reccomendations?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:41 AM   #2
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
remove all that is there....

only thing i can think of...????
Old 06-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Remove the AAL in the rear and swap coil/strut assemblies with someone who's stock. You'll make some money off the swap and then sell the AAL if it's still decent (or swap leaf packs also).
Old 06-03-2011, 11:45 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post

Yeah, but what about replacing the coils I already have? Don't I need them?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #5
I've got so much soul in me that I'm barely alive.
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: AMMO (2W0)
Name: Kevin
Zombie Runner's Tacoma Gallery
do your 884's have the stock shocks or aftermarket?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:46 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Runner View Post
do your 884's have the stock shocks or aftermarket?
Stock
Old 06-03-2011, 11:47 AM   #7
Zombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shedZombie Runner is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinTaco View Post
Yeah, but what about replacing the coils I already have? Don't I need them?
you dont need them if you want to be stock...lol

find someone local who will trade you their stock setup for yours + some cash
Old 06-03-2011, 11:54 AM   #8

Quote:

ok, sorry for my ignorance. So you're saying a stock truck doesn't come with coils on the front? It's just the shock?
Old 06-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DestinTaco View Post
ok, sorry for my ignorance. So you're saying a stock truck doesn't come with coils on the front? It's just the shock?
you will need stock coils.....and stock struts and a stock leaf pack

you aint being ignorant...

i was though sorry
Old 06-03-2011, 11:58 AM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Do some looking on here for pricing, it sounds like you have a decent set-up there. You should be able to trade someone for their stock parts and make some $$ in the process.
Old 06-03-2011, 12:00 PM   #11

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
Do some looking on here for pricing, it sounds like you have a decent set-up there. You should be able to trade someone for their stock parts and make some $$ in the process.
To be honest, I don't want to go back as of right now. I was just curious in case I ever wanted to.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:51 PM   #12

people on here sell their stock coilover assembly on occasion. Post up a WTB thread in the for sale section and see if anyone wants to sell you some stock parts, or possibly trade.
Old 06-10-2011, 02:02 PM   #13
Interweb wheeler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
I'm still interested in those 884s if you'll give em up!