Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Discussion > 2nd Gen. Tacomas

Notices

11 quarts of oil mistake

Old 06-03-2011, 07:16 PM   #81
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by whippersnapper02 View Post
There used to be pics in owner's manuals.
Like dis one? I would read

Old 06-03-2011, 07:21 PM   #82
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
What I don't understand is since oil changes are something most owners do themselfs why the fuck can't Toyota include a "how to" with pictures in the owners manual? At the very least have a picture of the underside of the truck pointing out the various components and drain plugs.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:23 PM   #83
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Quote:
Originally Posted by YFZ_TRD View Post
Like dis one? I would read

Oh I love that woman. I would blast oil all over her Anistons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OffroadToy View Post
What I don't understand is since oil changes are something most owners do themselfs why the fuck can't Toyota include a "how to" with pictures in the owners manual? At the very least have a picture of the underside of the truck pointing out the various components and drain plugs.
It would cost Toyota more money.
Old 06-03-2011, 07:25 PM   #84
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Oh I love that woman. I would blast oil all over her Anistons.

^^This
Old 06-03-2011, 07:50 PM   #85
What would Scooby do?
travelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shedtravelingman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brian
travelingman's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Probably since no other automaker ever did it they figured it wasn't necessary.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:02 PM   #86
4Runner Pilot

YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should own at least a Chilton or Haynes manual if you're working on your own rig. Or if you're a baller, go grab the Factory Service Manual. Even the cheap manuals have good pictures and identification for all parts.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:33 PM   #87
The dog did it...I swear!
OffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shedOffroadToy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Location: High Desert... land of junipers, sage brush, and lava rock
OffroadToy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
You should own at least a Chilton or Haynes manual if you're working on your own rig. Or if you're a baller, go grab the Factory Service Manual. Even the cheap manuals have good pictures and identification for all parts.
I totally agree! I've got the Chilton and Haynes plus a 2005+ Toyota Tacoma Service & Vehical History Guide. I copy some of the great information from this site and keep adding it to the booklet. Here's a link to the guide...
http://www.carfiftyfour.com/tmp/05_T...uide_v1.51.pdf
Old 06-03-2011, 08:57 PM   #88
LGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shedLGE RAW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: FC2(SW)
Name: Rob
LGE RAW's Tacoma Gallery
OP, if you didn't break the engine with too much oil, you definately didn't hurt the tranny by driving it a thousand feet with low fluid. If the tranny had enough fluid to drive, it kept everything inside lubed up fine.
Old 06-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #89
BlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

BlueT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Who would tough people will have such a hard time recognizing transmission or engine. I meant WTF Those two dont even look similiar so why the F...k would you drain tranny instead of engine.
Old 06-03-2011, 10:25 PM   #90
MountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shedMountainEarth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Bryan
MountainEarth's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Toyota really should stamp the names of the components in the pans. It would avoid a lot of potential damage.
X 1,000,000,000
Old 06-04-2011, 04:05 AM   #91
JDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shedJDMcQ is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
JDMcQ's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmuncy View Post
I guess you believe if you don't already know how to do it then don't do it at all. Either there is not much in life you actually do; or you know all there ever was/is to know.

Everyone honest person in the world has tried something new and made a mistake along the way. The smart ones keep trying, the not so smart ones sit around telling the smart guy what he did wrong.
I'm not saying do not try to do new things, and we all make mistakes along the way, but one would think that a "smart guy" would do a little research and think about what they were doing first.
Old 06-04-2011, 04:51 AM   #92
wlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shedwlmuncy is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: 72nd Security Forces, Tinker AFB
Name: William
wlmuncy's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmcq View Post
I'm not saying do not try to do new things, and we all make mistakes along the way, but one would think that a "smart guy" would do a little research and think about what they were doing first.

Agreed there. You should research before work, but depending on conditions, he might have before joining TW and did what he thought was correct from that time.
Old 06-04-2011, 05:01 AM   #93
Look'n like a fool with your pants on the ground..
shane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: Combat Engineer, MSG (SMI, ROTC)
shane100700's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
x2 I said that (Chilton or Haynes) in post #62
Old 06-04-2011, 05:54 AM   #94
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I have the Haynes. How do I become a baller ?:ba nanadead: I guess I'll get flamed for the question so.

Don't know where this came from and can't get rid of it "nanadead:"
Old 06-04-2011, 05:58 AM   #95
I support a velociraptor free workplace.
BrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shedBrokenTusk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Marcelasaurus
BrokenTusk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by wlmuncy View Post
Agreed there. You should research before work, but depending on conditions, he might have before joining TW and did what he thought was correct from that time.
He might've even done research and what he read could've been wrong and pointed him in the wrong direction too.

I agree that theres a number of reasons this could've happened, but I'm still of the opinion that if you can't tell the difference between your engine and your transmission, don't be working on your vehicle, you could just end up making it unsafe. Or if you want to learn, get help the first time.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:00 AM   #96
shane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shedshane100700 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
How do I become a baller?
A stupid amount of chrome bull shit all over your truck?!
Old 06-04-2011, 06:06 AM   #97
george3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shedgeorge3 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane100700 View Post
A stupid amount of chrome bull shit all over your truck?!
Thank you. I didn't get the SS nerf steps for that reason. Didn't want 2 B a baller and didn't even know there was a name for it. Thanks again.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:12 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
Thank you. I didn't get the SS nerf steps for that reason. Didn't want 2 B a baller and didn't even know there was a name for it. Thanks again.
lol I'm sure your safe.

Oh and don't forget plasma tv screens in the back of the truck and everywhere else for no reason at all.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:22 AM   #99
george3's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane100700 View Post
lol I'm sure your safe.

Oh and don't forget plasma tv screens in the back of the truck and everywhere else for no reason at all.
More info. I'm getting a edumacation right here - time well spent on TW.
Old 06-04-2011, 06:36 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by george3 View Post
More info. I'm getting a edumacation right here - time well spent on TW.
lol um a fishtank inside a sub enclosure?! Just watch reruns of pimp my ride, some funny shit they do to cars!